VOGONS

First post, by HeavyD8086

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with a Voodoo1 system. When running any accelerated program, the screen blanks (no signal to monitor) when I move the mouse.

Windows 98 isn't letting me change the mouse IRQ, and I don't think the Voodoos use an IRQ. That's the only thing I could think of. Changing refresh rate from 120Hz to 85Hz almost solves the problem, but I'm getting blanking.

Reply 2 of 7, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are the cards wired up correctly? VGA -> Voodoo -> screen

Does the relais on the Voodoo work? Do you hear a click when starting the game. Some later cards might not have the relais though...

We definitely need more infos on your setup.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 3 of 7, by HeavyD8086

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Carrera wrote:
What is the main graphic card? What is the mother board? How much and what type of RAM? What OS? All drivers up-to-date? […]
Show full quote

What is the main graphic card?
What is the mother board?
How much and what type of RAM?
What OS?
All drivers up-to-date?

I can't find any markings on the motherboard. None. It's a SIS chipset (not at home rpesently, will get number tonight) with AGP, 4 PCI and 2 ISA. Socket 7. Looks to support up to 83MHz FSB. It has a graphical BIOS w/ mouse support.
Main graphics card is an AGP MX200.
Ram is 64MB SDR.
OS is Windows 98 SE.
All drivers (ie motherboard, MGA200, Voodoo, etc are up-to-date).

Reply 4 of 7, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
root42 wrote:

Are the cards wired up correctly? VGA -> Voodoo -> screen

Does the relais on the Voodoo work? Do you hear a click when starting the game. Some later cards might not have the relais though...

We definitely need more infos on your setup.

eh.... only the orchid card has that relay. Every other card does not...

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 5 of 7, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Really? I could swear mine had that. I had a no name card though.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 6 of 7, by HeavyD8086

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just to clear things up, the Voodoo runs fine. I can benchmark all day and everything turns out well. Once I move the mouse, the screen blanks. Stop moving mouse, screen returns. Symptoms lessen at 60Hz and 85Hz, and are horrible at 120Hz.
Haven't found the mobo name yet. Dinking around with a 8800GTX SLI setup and benched the Cyrix for a bit.