VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 3900 of 3949, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Buggy shadows in Escape from Monkey Island with latest version (even without resolution forcing)..

Monkey4 Screenshot 2019.04.16 - 01.27.58.67.png
Filename
Monkey4 Screenshot 2019.04.16 - 01.27.58.67.png
File size
523.07 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3901 of 3949, by Srtest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.

Using latest wip (switching to the official ver doesn't help), I get this white garbage in Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption (also effecting in-game rendering) whenever I use dgvoodoo. I can get the game to work without it only that some time ago I had much better results with using it and using the driver straight-up doesn't work that good and sometimes not at all. This happens when I use 16 bit texture bit depth because 32 bit doesn't work at all with dgvoodoo.

I'm playing on an AMD R9 380 with driver ver 19.2 and the only thing inside dgvoodoo which helps technically but not really as the framerate is horrible is switching to warp on the driver level. I have tried any config possible and it doesn't change anything about this (including in the amd driver).

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    Filename
    004.jpg
    File size
    460.56 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 3904 of 3949, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a weird problem with Escape From Monkey Island with version 2.55.4. When I force resolution to 1280x960 and set centered scaling the framerate drops down to 36. It's nothing game breaking, but it's weird. I have not noticed any shadow issues though, but I only just got to the second island. (Windows 7, AMD card).

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com

Reply 3905 of 3949, by Arklay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Force 21
with dgv2: "Could not initialize game!
without dgv2: black screen with music

inside f21 log
"It is not possible to create a D3D window with a hardware DirectDraw device. Check the mIsPrimary flag before calling D3DAppWindow.
InitializeRenderer() failed.
Display::Initialize() failed."

Dominant Species
with dgv2: only in game screen without menu, black bar in the left screen
without dgv2: only in game screen without menu, black bar in the left screen

insiede the ds log
"Initializing InputHandler
Initializing string localization code.
SetupSubsystems successful!
Renderer::Window() failed during CreateZBuffer() in file D:\Develop\common\renderer\renderer.cpp at line 976
Error = "Action not supported."
ouch! couldn't get hardware to initialize properly, try software
you know, many cards don't support hardware in a window...
selected 8bit palettized as the default texture format
ColorToValue() : Unknown bit depth (32)

Both games developed by Red Storm Interactive. These games share the same engine.

Attachments

• Dominant Species.jpg
    Filename
    Dominant Species.jpg
    File size
    66.03 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Dominant Species
    File license
  • Force 21.jpg
    Filename
    Force 21.jpg
    File size
    11.15 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Force 21
    File license

Reply 3906 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Force 21 works perfectly with resolution forcing (usually limited to 800x600), but I had to hex edit the main exe to point to dgdraw.dll and rename dgVoodoo2's ddraw.dll to dgdraw.dll to get it to work.

Since Dominant Species uses the same engine, you'll have to do the same. Both those games definitely work with dgVoodoo.

Reply 3907 of 3949, by Arklay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, only F21 has a "problem" with a pink arrow, it can be removed with "GeForce FX 5700 Ultra" setting. Fast Video Memory Access has been selected for the ati white textures bug.

Attachments

• setting for f21.jpg
    Filename
    setting for f21.jpg
    File size
    55.59 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • dp ok.jpg
    Filename
    dp ok.jpg
    File size
    341.05 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    dp ok
    File license
  • f21 pink arrow.jpg
    Filename
    f21 pink arrow.jpg
    File size
    270.49 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    f21 pink arrow
    File license

Reply 3909 of 3949, by Shing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Dege for dgVoodoo. I just released my BF1942 graphics mod and dgVoodoo helped in many ways, so i was thinking about reporting these things.

Interestingly lightmaps are working on ships now. Idk what is causing it, never seen it from Geforce4 GPU/WinXP to modern GPU. But with dgVoodoo the lightmaps are loaded.

It removes stutters. As i modded the game i thought i ran into an engine limit, because it started to stutter. With dgVoodoo it's totally playable.

Also ReShade works perfectly now. The only bug is that it's crashing after 2 map loads. The game reloads everything when it loads a map and seems like dgVoodoo can't handle it too many times. Everything works perfectly if i load a second map, but at a third load it crashes.

Edit: Also everything is with the latest WIP59.1, but i think recent versions all worked in the same way.

Reply 3912 of 3949, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
RoyBatty wrote:

DX10 Support would actually be great for Bioshock and STALKER: Clear Sky since microsoft broke it not long after those games released.

I indeed also is a bit confused by that? if you mean broken as in performance problem , than i can't clarify that, but DirectX 10 is supported just fine, same with Crysis in DirectX10, its runs fine.
in Windows 10 from my side at least.

Reply 3918 of 3949, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is there a way to limit what resolutions a game can have available ?

I am playing Claw and it runs at 640x480. It has a cheat code to increase resolution, but I have to enter that cheat code several times until I get to a resolution I want. I would like to make the game think it only has 640x480 and 1024x768 available, so it changes to 1024x768 the first time I enter the cheat code.

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com