VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1340 of 1962, by dbgl-user

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@rcblanke: thanks for the hint with that parameter. setting it to false indeed solved the issue. now there is also no more .dosbox folders being created, anymore. i wonder why this ever worked out-of-the-box before (well, for config-files i always made sure to point to the dbgl folder in the gui)?

Reply 1341 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That is easy to answer; this behaviour is new for DBGL 0.90. I'm simply trying to make the Linux version behave like most other Linux applications do.

Reply 1342 of 1962, by dbgl-user

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

That is easy to answer; this behaviour is new for DBGL 0.90. I'm simply trying to make the Linux version behave like most other Linux applications do.

ok, i see, but then why not use ~/.config/dbgl instead? seems much more tidy & elegant.

Reply 1343 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, that would also be valid I suppose, but I think my choice makes more sense because the files in the ~/.dbgl folder not only contains 'config'uration, but also the DOSBox 'dosroot' itself, potentially containing game data.

Reply 1345 of 1962, by arobbo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks very much Ronald - that workaround you suggested for the swt64.jar file worked a treat, cheers! In my pre-existing dbgl v0.82b setup, I simply downloaded your latest Alpha6 dbgl.jar and overwrote the previous version, and then also inserted the new and renamed "swtlin64.jar" I downloaded from the Eclipse site - as per your advice, into the dbgl /lib folder.

When run from terminal, I get the following messages no doubt due to the cobbled-together test setup I have, but DBGL0.90alpha6 works just fine, thank you!

Launching DBGL using 32-Bit VM 1.8.0_212 on Linux v4.1.48i386, HSQL Database Engine 1.8.1.3, SWT v4919gtk
/root/.gtkrc.mine:3: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "back.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:4: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "forward.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:5: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "up.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:6: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "home.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:7: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "zoomin.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:8: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "zoomout.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:9: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "bookmarks.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:10: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "sort.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:11: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "help.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:12: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "select.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:13: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "hidden.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:14: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "details.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:15: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "gtk-refresh.png"
/root/.gtkrc.mine:16: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "close.png"
Startup
Shutdown
Script completed hit RETURN to close window.

Thanks also for the explanation on the hidden .dbgl folder. I was cleaning out my PATA hdd in anticipation for cloning onto a smaller ssd, and thought the backup(?) was a tragic waste of space for my 300-odd dos game collection I have in my (unhidden) DBGL folders. Much "hilarity" ensued with my resulting confusion... but all good. Thanks again 😀

Reply 1346 of 1962, by jaygame1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:
jaygame1 wrote:

The "Edit Profile" box doesn't save my changes when I hit Ok. When I edit the game, in the "Mounting" tab, the executable boxes are blank. After refilling them and hitting OK, it acts as if nothing was entered into the executable boxes, and sure enough, if I edit the profile, the boxes are blank again.

That sounds pretty bad - is this problem easily reproducible? If so, can you explain exactly what you're doing, maybe with screenshots? PM me directly, if you like.

It seems to be an issue with the autoexec section of my DOSBox installation. I had it set to mount my dos game directory, and when I set up profiles for the individual games that are within that directory, it won't save the changes. I copied the game to the launcher's "dosroot" directory, and it works as it should. So, too, did it work when I deleted the mount commands in the DB config file...

Reply 1347 of 1962, by Crysli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I'm new.
I'm using the latest alpha6 and Java(1.8.0_211-b12) and found some problems:

jaygame1 wrote:

It seems to be an issue with the autoexec section of my DOSBox installation. I had it set to mount my dos game directory, and when I set up profiles for the individual games that are within that directory, it won't save the changes. I copied the game to the launcher's "dosroot" directory, and it works as it should. So, too, did it work when I deleted the mount commands in the DB config file...

I think to have the same problem? All my games are in the dosroot folder. If I setup my DOSBox default profile to mount something, and then create a new game profile using this, the mount section is empty.

Other problems is related to profile filters:
1) If I create a new filter that have more than a few "entries", DBGL crash. For example, suppose I have 5 games of Simulation genre and 20 games of Action genre. If I create a filter for the Simulation all is ok but if I create one for the Action genre, that has many entries (20 in this case), then DBGL crash when I click ok to exit filters window. At the restart the new tab with the filtered profiles is present.

2) When there is only one filter (one tab), closing it while it is selected crash DBGL. Work fine if I close that tab while "All profiles" tab is selected.
3) When there is multiple filters (more than one tab), closing any tab make DBGL crash in every case.

Other than this I have a question about mouse x-y sensitivity support for DOSBox ECE: how it is suppose to be set? The I/O experimental option related to this is greyed out.
I can directly modify it in the game profile using "sensitivity 100, 50", but then DBGL crash when clicking on Modify profile.

Reply 1349 of 1962, by kanja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using the DosBOX ECE package. When configuring MIDI fluidsynth the frontend expects 'synth' but in reality it should be 'fluidsynth' - have to manually edit the configs every time I make a change to those games using fluidsynth. Some recent change?

Reply 1350 of 1962, by Crysli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kanja wrote:

Using the DosBOX ECE package. When configuring MIDI fluidsynth the frontend expects 'synth' but in reality it should be 'fluidsynth' - have to manually edit the configs every time I make a change to those games using fluidsynth. Some recent change?

Have you added "fluidsynth" under the device section in the dynamic options of DBGL?

Reply 1351 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dbgl-user wrote:

just a quick question - have you ever considered making dbgl a linux https://appimage.org/?

Good idea, will probably do that after 0.90 gets released!

jaygame1 wrote:

The "Edit Profile" box doesn't save my changes when I hit Ok. When I edit the game, in the "Mounting" tab, the executable boxes are blank.

Yeah, using mounts in dosbox.conf was completely untested and I mentioned this in the initial notes for 0.90alpha. But it should work correctly now in alpha7.

Crysli wrote:

Other problems related to profile filters...

Should all be fixed in alpha7.

Crysli wrote:

Other than this I have a question about mouse x-y sensitivity support for DOSBox ECE: how it is suppose to be set? The I/O experimental option related to this is greyed out. I can directly modify it in the game profile using "sensitivity 100, 50", but then DBGL crash when clicking on Modify profile.

Ah, this was recently changed in DOSBox SVN, indeed. I've removed the old ECE-specific settings in the 'experimental options' tab, and allowed for multiple values in the regular mouse sensitivity combobox.

Crysli wrote:

When editing multiple profiles that use different versions of DOSBox, all of these is reverted to use the version of DOSBox selected as default.

Multi profile editing still needs work and thus this problem is also one of the remaining known issues.

Crysli wrote:
kanja wrote:

Have you added "fluidsynth" under the device section in the dynamic options of DBGL?

Exactly, you'll need to some extra configuration tweaking when you want to use ECE in DBGL, please see the website.

All the latest files
To upgrade from another alpha build, update the dbgl.jar as usual

Reply 1354 of 1962, by krashd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If I wanted to move a game's config file to a new location without having to remove the game from DBGL and then re-add it I assume the only way is to edit the database.script file? What software would I need to do that (as daunting as it is at 806K)?

The reason is that I have about 120 games (each with their config file stored inside the game directory) which I now want to move within the mounted folder to their own \GAMES\ folder?

Ideally if the box in the image below was not greyed out I would be able to edit that box to the new location for each game, as it is I've only done 688 Attack Sub so far.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWTaWnsmAkHgb8fxTiLgVL5Kh0Www

Reply 1355 of 1962, by ANGO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
krashd wrote:
If I wanted to move a game's config file to a new location without having to remove the game from DBGL and then re-add it I assu […]
Show full quote

If I wanted to move a game's config file to a new location without having to remove the game from DBGL and then re-add it I assume the only way is to edit the database.script file? What software would I need to do that (as daunting as it is at 806K)?

The reason is that I have about 120 games (each with their config file stored inside the game directory) which I now want to move within the mounted folder to their own \GAMES\ folder?

Ideally if the box in the image below was not greyed out I would be able to edit that box to the new location for each game, as it is I've only done 688 Attack Sub so far.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWTaWnsmAkHgb8fxTiLgVL5Kh0Www

You can change the config path to the game directory in Menu/Settings:

p8pps5z5.jpg

Reply 1358 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
krashd wrote:

Yeah, the config file path is determined upon profile creation and not editable afterwards (usually not necessary). Thus, the setting ANGO refers to only applies to newly created profiles, not the existing ones.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, why do you "want to move [all games] within the mounted folder to their own \GAMES\ folder" ? What do you mean, why move the game files, what's your intention? Maybe explain with a screenshot?

Reply 1359 of 1962, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

A new DBGL build, 090beta1 is up which should fix most remaining multi-editing issues. Please let me know if you still see incorrect or strange behaviour.

All the latest files
To upgrade from an alpha build, update the dbgl.jar as usual