VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by arek01

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have some old save games of a game I played before which originally are located in a save game folder within the game folder.
I mounted the game folder and start the game with the start.bat but can't load the save games no matter what I try.
When I chose "load save game" within the game there are no save game files displayed means they are not found somehow although it worked in this configuration when I played without dosbox and therefor I guess there is something wrong with the mount somehow.
I already copied the save game files to the game folder (instead of the separate save game folder) which I directly mounted but savegames still can't be found.
Any idea what is wrong and how I could manage that the game recognizes the save game files?

Thanks
Arek

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Play the game, save and see where it saves to.
The name of the game might also help

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If the save path is not configured as a relative path there may be disagreement between how you mounted the game in DOSBox and the original path, i.e. C:\GameName vs the game folder mounted mounted as "C:\"

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers