Thanks for the ride

Topic actions

First post, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi all...
I have been using this forum less and less, for the last couple of years. The reason being, that I already feel that I have seen enough and I have learned like 50 times more since 2013, than I ever learned between 1984/86 and 2000. So I will deactivate my account or delete it, within the next month or so. As I can not be on as many forums as I am signed up on. Plus I see less and less stuff that I did not know about.

So I will be "active" on this forum until the first of August, and I will say thanks 1000 times for the ride. This forum and all you helpfull people have given me a lot of new information. Thanks for the ride, yet again.

PS!
I have decided to post my departure from Vogons, just in case that here would be people who wanted to keep in touch.
(And if not, then no hard feelings from me)

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 1 of 32, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Let me know if you start to post your meals someplace. I always enjoy seeing what you're having for dinner!

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 2 of 32, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

surely you don't have to de-activate/delete just remain dormant until you get a pm or something catches your eye... posting is not a requirement 😀
Good luck with your online endeavors!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 32, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gdjacobs wrote:

Let me know if you start to post your meals someplace. I always enjoy seeing what you're having for dinner!

I think that it will be hard, as I rarely post any food images, other than on a danish site for alternative people. One of those sites, that welcome all types of people, except those that have bad things to say about any type of sub culture. (Obviously 😁 )

Reply 4 of 32, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

surely you don't have to de-activate/delete just remain dormant until you get a pm or something catches your eye... posting is not a requirement 😀

Well... That is the thing. After long hard thoughts, I have come to the conclution, that a site with users that are inactive is a bad thing. And I can mind as well spare the admin, the work of removing my account due to inactivity. Sometimes you need to do some house maintanance as admin. It is just good admin ethics to remove inactive logins.

Reply 5 of 32, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:
keropi wrote:

Well... That is the thing. After long hard thoughts, I have come to the conclution, that a site with users that are inactive is a bad thing. And I can mind as well spare the admin, the work of removing my account due to inactivity. Sometimes you need to do some house maintanance as admin. It is just good admin ethics to remove inactive logins.

Funny, I just recently resumed activity on a forum where I've been registered since 2001, and stopped posting around 2006. My account survived at least one forum software migration, and I didn't think it was all that hard work for the admin! 🤣

Take care and good luck! 😀

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 6 of 32, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

We are not in the habit of removing inactive users. It has no impact on the forum whatsoever.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 32, by jmarsh

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote:

It is just good admin ethics to remove inactive logins.

It's the opposite actually. It leads to dead links since you can't view a removed user's profile or search only their posts for information.

If you feel you have learned from this forum, leave your posts easily accessible for others to do the same.

Reply 8 of 32, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jmarsh wrote:
brostenen wrote:

It is just good admin ethics to remove inactive logins.

It's the opposite actually. It leads to dead links since you can't view a removed user's profile or search only their posts for information.

If you feel you have learned from this forum, leave your posts easily accessible for others to do the same.

I second this, after all, knowledge should be shared to others.

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 9 of 32, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry yes your request to leave has been denied 😀 A forum needs thoughtful, knowledgeable peeps like you so just take a break instead.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 10 of 32, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote:

Sorry yes your request to leave has been denied 😀 A forum needs thoughtful, knowledgeable peeps like you so just take a break instead.

Once a vogoner, always a vogoner. There is no escape. 😈

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 12 of 32, by JonathonWyble

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, goodbye, I guess. We'll miss you greatly! But who knows? Maybe some time you'll return with some new exclusives on stuff you could be doing in your life. Only the future can tell. But that's your decision, if you want to be here or not. I doubt it'll be goodbye forever, though.

Sometimes it's hard for me to find time to post here and some of the other forums I'm a member of, but it all works out fine 😀

1998 Pentium II build

1553292341.th.19547.gif

Reply 14 of 32, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just hopping in to say thank you brostenen for all the information and ideas, discussed and questioned since the years.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 15 of 32, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'll miss talking things Amiga with you, sad to see you leave, hope you don't delete your account. Cheers.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 17 of 32, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for all the Amiga posts. Even though I stopped collecting Commodore a few years back and strictly use emulation now, Amiga is still and always will be my favorite platform. It's nice to see people still upgrading their systems and keeping the dream alive. Amiga forever! (if your wallet can afford it anymore)

Reply 18 of 32, by JonathonWyble

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:

And yes... I have seen drama here before, and I refuse to get tangeled in a drama, that are a drama over a non excisting drama, that you for some reason percieve to be a drama. And yet there are no drama. Well.... I get angry when someone acuse me of something that are not there.

Yeah, I've known a lot of people who have left a lot of communities because of drama and a lot of other similar stuff. They just claim they refuse to take part in a community if it's gonna be nothing but flame wars and childish behavior. But I don't ever see any of that kind of stuff happening anywhere on the net 😉

1998 Pentium II build

1553292341.th.19547.gif

Reply 19 of 32, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Split off the off topic banter to Re: Thanks for the ride
(hence Jonathan's quote doesn't make sense but it kind of belongs here, doesn't it? Or should it go to the other thread? If you think so, shoot me a message)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper