VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 180 of 739, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today I had my first twinkie. Our local supermarket has got a new American sweets aisle! It was a box of 10 for £5!!!!!

IlQ2sImh.jpg

They're not that great. The cream has a weird aftertaste or something.

I also got this:

aC48936h.jpg

They're a bit better but again, slightly weird after taste.

I also made pizza using my partner's new breadmaking machine to knead the dough. It came out pretty nice!

ZurW76ch.jpg

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 182 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just had a roll with cheese ("Käsebrötchen"), a raisin bun ("Rosinenweckchen") along with decent drip coffee and followed by a fruit bowl. Basically my second breakfast at work and not too bad either.

There's also chicken quesedillas in my future, because we did chicken soup on Sunday and there's leftover bird in the freezer.

Reply 185 of 739, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
henryVK wrote:

There's also chicken quesedillas in my future, because we did chicken soup on Sunday and there's leftover bird in the freezer.

With some nice, strong, tasty onions?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 188 of 739, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Almoststew1990 wrote:
Today I had my first twinkie. Our local supermarket has got a new American sweets aisle! It was a box of 10 for £5!!!!! […]
Show full quote

Today I had my first twinkie. Our local supermarket has got a new American sweets aisle! It was a box of 10 for £5!!!!!

IlQ2sImh.jpg

Hostess Twinkies today taste nothing like the ones 20 years ago. Hostess the company went bankrupt and the various product lines sold off with the new owners tweeking the recipe to make them cheaper. Even before that the Hostess company was bought out by a private equity firm and loaded it with debt so that they had to tweek their recipe to make it cheaper (sales dropped and they went bankrupt). So basically there are a few revisions to the Twinkie over the last 20+ years and not for the better (same with everything else they made).

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 189 of 739, by Ultrax

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Unknown_K wrote:
Almoststew1990 wrote:
Today I had my first twinkie. Our local supermarket has got a new American sweets aisle! It was a box of 10 for £5!!!!! […]
Show full quote

IlQ2sImh.jpg

Hostess Twinkies today taste nothing like the ones 20 years ago. Hostess the company went bankrupt and the various product lines sold off with the new owners tweeking the recipe to make them cheaper. Even before that the Hostess company was bought out by a private equity firm and loaded it with debt so that they had to tweek their recipe to make it cheaper (sales dropped and they went bankrupt). So basically there are a few revisions to the Twinkie over the last 20+ years and not for the better (same with everything else they made).

I still like them. Here in the US, they don't seem to have an aftertaste. Perhaps they've been sitting in the box a while. But yeah, definitely not like they used to be.

Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 😎
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 😎

Reply 190 of 739, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Unknown_K wrote:
Almoststew1990 wrote:
Show full quote

IlQ2sImh.jpg

5 euros ?
These sell for $2.50 in USA.

But you can’t go wrong with “Cowboy twinkies”.
Taste great with Milk or Coffee.

Reply 191 of 739, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

£5 GBP but that is the cost of especially importing them I guess! They've grown on me over the last he past week but I don't think I'd buy them again now that they're all gone.

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 192 of 739, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They have Chocolate Cowboy Twinkies too.
They taste pretty good. They are not covered with Chocolate frosting , only Chocolate cake.
So they are not to sweet. Just right.

Taste great with coffee.

Attachments

Reply 193 of 739, by Ultrax

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Had a couple microwave chicken sandwiches from Sam's Club (for those of you reading this outside the US and Canada, it's a large subscription-only wholesale store like Costco) today. Very good.

Ultrax
__
Presario 425|DX2-50|8MB|SB V16S|D622/WFW3.11 😎
Deskpro XE 450|DX2-50|32 MB|NT4.0/95
SR2038X|Athlon 64 X2 3800|2G|GT710 WINXP
Dimension 4400|P4 NW 2 GHz|256M|R128U AGP|WINXP
HPMini311|N270|2G|9400M|WINXP
Libretto50CT|P75|16MB|YMF711|WIN95 😎

Reply 194 of 739, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cheese Pierogies, meatballs, cold cheese curds, and gravy for dinner.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 195 of 739, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bjwil1991 wrote:

Cheese Pierogies, meatballs, cold cheese curds, and gravy for dinner.

Heart association approved!

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 196 of 739, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Shamefully getting a McDonalds lunch for me and happily buying a Starbucks hot chocolate for the cold afternoon 😀

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 199 of 739, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just had a Black Skull isolate whey blended with a banana for dinner. Gonna get me an apple and a tangerine in a few minutes.