1x Athlon XP 2400
1x Athlon 64 2800
1x AMD K6 233

Ram
27 x 1gb DDR2
5 x 1gb DDR 400
9 x 512mb PC133 ECC Registered
12 x 256mb PC133 ECC Registered

And alot of smaller stuff, 32mb SD, 64mb SD, 128 SD/DDR, 256mb DDR/DDR2, 512mb DDR/DDR2/DDR3

Reply 2 of 9, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow, nice haul! An hd3450 PCI is pretty neat too. It's a really basic and slow card but there aren't many PCI cards newer than that.

I got a system recently that had an AGP HD4350 in it. I was pretty stoked about that one too as it is in a similar position... somewhat modern feature set on an older interface.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 3 of 9, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The 7900GS is an excellent card. I've had one since 2006 and it performs almost on par with the GT... if you overclock it may even surpass the stock GT. The one I have is an MSI, very silent and runs quite cool.

Easily one of my favorite video cards from 2000 onwards, ideal for a late WinXP machine.

Reply 4 of 9, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TheMobRules wrote:

The 7900GS is an excellent card. I've had one since 2006 and it performs almost on par with the GT... if you overclock it may even surpass the stock GT. The one I have is an MSI, very silent and runs quite cool.

Easily one of my favorite video cards from 2000 onwards, ideal for a late WinXP machine.

Well the 7900GS will just join my Geforce 7xxx collection more than likely.

so far in it is

2x PNY 7900GTX
1x Dell 7900GTX
2x Dell 7950GT
1x Dell 7900GT
1x Dell 7900GS (the one I got today)
2x Dell 7800GTX
1x EVGA 7800GT
1x BFG 7800GS
1x EVGA 7600GT PCIe
1x Gigabyte 7600GS AGP (blown caps)
1x EVGA 7300GT 256mb PCIe

Given everything I have faster than a 7900GS it will just go into my box labeled Geforce 7's

Ozzuneoj wrote:

Wow, nice haul! An hd3450 PCI is pretty neat too. It's a really basic and slow card but there aren't many PCI cards newer than that.

I got a system recently that had an AGP HD4350 in it. I was pretty stoked about that one too as it is in a similar position... somewhat modern feature set on an older interface.

Yea I'm thinking of giving that one to a friend with a Core2 Duo based ACER system without a PCIe x16 slot but does have a single PCI slot, so he doesn't have to use the Intel GMA950 anymore 🤣.

Does anyone know much about the Quadro 2 cards, my MX400 died, and while the Banshee works I'd love Hardware TnL on my K6-3. Is the Quadro ok for games, I know it was a 3d modeling/cad card back in the day so not sure if I need to flash it to a Geforce 2 MX or if I can just use it as is to play old games.

Best part about the box? It was out by a dumpster at a local computer shop. The owner is retiring and throwing away alot of old stuff he got in over the years. I just drive by and check from time to time and found this 😁 I'd guess since I know its being tossed just because he is closing down his shop it all likely worked at least when pulled.

Reply 5 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's a fantastic haul! 😁

Wish I had this many GF7 cards 🤣

Have fun testing all those memory modules with memtest and don't forget to check in again to let us know the final results 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 9, by SPBHM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
candle_86 wrote:

[
Yea I'm thinking of giving that one to a friend with a Core2 Duo based ACER system without a PCIe x16 slot but does have a single PCI slot, so he doesn't have to use the Intel GMA950 anymore 🤣.

I don't know about the 3450 and other Radeons with PCIE to PCI bridge, but my 8400GS PCI would not be a good upgrade for a GMA950, at least not for web browsing, the PCI bus doesn't seem to be suitable for playing videos on the web browser and it becomes really slow, with any kind of CPU, it works better with an IGP.
what the 3450 can improve is gaming, performance and compatibility....

but those are some interesting parts,
lots of ram also, all those 233 MMXs, perhaps from people upgrading to k6s back in the day?

Reply 7 of 9, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SPBHM wrote:
candle_86 wrote:

[

I don't know about the 3450 and other Radeons with PCIE to PCI bridge, but my 8400GS PCI would not be a good upgrade for a GMA950, at least not for web browsing, the PCI bus doesn't seem to be suitable for playing videos on the web browser and it becomes really slow, with any kind of CPU, it works better with an IGP.

Yeah, PCI graphics cards are just unbelievably slow, especially under Win7. Full screen video playback is not at all smooth (I tested a number of modern PCI cards with a 3.33GHz C2Q).

My old laptop with a 1.83GHz C2D and GMA950 can handle HD HTML5 video.

94 MHz NEC VR4300 | SGI Reality CoPro | 8MB RDRAM | Each game gets its own SSD - nooice!

Reply 8 of 9, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Standard Def Steve wrote:
SPBHM wrote:
candle_86 wrote:

[

Yeah, PCI graphics cards are just unbelievably slow, especially under Win7. Full screen video playback is not at all smooth (I tested a number of modern PCI cards with a 3.33GHz C2Q).

My old laptop with a 1.83GHz C2D and GMA950 can handle HD HTML5 video.

OK well nm to that then, he can keep his GMA 950 🤣

Reply 9 of 9, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
candle_86 wrote:

Does anyone know much about the Quadro 2 cards, my MX400 died, and while the Banshee works I'd love Hardware TnL on my K6-3. Is the Quadro ok for games, I know it was a 3d modeling/cad card back in the day so not sure if I need to flash it to a Geforce 2 MX or if I can just use it as is to play old games.

No need to flash it, just use the usual good version driver for win9x that you use for GF2/4MX (e.g. 45.23) as it will support quadro 2s as well.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)