First post, by svfn
Finally found most of the parts to put this together, was a little hacked together last year but is now more in use. Did not want to venture down this rabbit hole until I found a Voodoo card locally to my surprise, one thing led to another and more parts started showing up.
FIC PA-2013 Rev 2.1
32MB PC-100 SDRAM
3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 AGP
3Com 3C905C-TXM Etherlink 10/100 PCI NIC
AWE64 value ISA
SBPro2 CT1600 ISA (to be installed later)
Quantum Fireball EX 5.1a 5GB
Imation 52x32x52 CDRW
3.5" floppy drive
Generic beige case, ATX 800 Series?
AcBel E2 Power 390W
MS Sidewinder gamepad (gameport)
Generic ball mouse PS2
IBM KB-7953 keyboard PS2
OS: Windows 98 SE
nusb36e USB drivers works fine with this build, I have also setup FTP for file transferring.
Sidewinder gamepad works with SWGameEN software driver and SDWRGMPD in DOS (only tested Tyrian so far).
- Pentium 233 MMX to play with setmul, since K6-2+/K6-3+ cost more and are hard to come by. It also feels closer to my old MMX build running Win 95. Though with 233 MMX I will likely switch to V2 + S3 Virge.
- Some other microSD/SD to CF2IDE adapter, had one pq1 CF card but it is not being detected.
- EAX/A3D support, though it might be more suitable for a faster P2/P3 build I guess.
- a little more RAM..
I also forgot how good CRTs look, it's been almost 12+ years 🤣.
- Connecting the reset switch to the motherboard causes the CPU fan to not spin and no display, I've read that a BIOS update might fix it though the system works fine if don't connect the reset button pins.
- PC Speaker also does not work, might have died =/
SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE