VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by maxrebo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I followed the steps and it can't find java and I have it in the folder.
Can you give me the steps on what I need to do to get it to work.I am not good at computers so if I was supposed to something else to get it to work please explain it.

Reply 2 of 25, by maxrebo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my File structure is like this
C:\Dosbox Game Launcher inside their I put java.exe and javaw.exe and ran dbgl.cmd and it said java is not a internal or external command.Java is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java

Reply 12 of 25, by maxrebo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was originally getting the error, 'java' not a recognized internal or external command blah blah.I looked that up and did the environmental variables path stuff and I don't get that anymore.Now its says unable to run jarfile dbgl.jar.What do I do to fix this by the way I am running it has an administrator.

Reply 13 of 25, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I let Java install the way it wants without changing anything.
You can extract DBGL where ever.
I place it in C:\Program Files\DBGL and make a dbgl.cmd shortcut that uses the DOSBox.exe icon.

Reply 19 of 25, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

maxrebo, please make sure you're using the DBGL version appropriate for your system; when you've installed Java 64-bit, you should also use the DBGL 64-bit version.

Your problem report is rather chaotic; please attach a picture showing your DBGL directory, maybe that brings more clearity to the issue.