Topic actions

Reply 480 of 1970, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
collector wrote:
WilliamC wrote:

DBGL has started to lock up frequently, I suppose I could do a clean reinstall but I've had this problem before. It won't let me add profiles without locking up and it won't let me execute games without locking up.

Check the paths to DOSBox on the DOSBox versions tab.

Hi guys,

Could you please explain what was the problem, exactly? Because, a misconfigured DOSBox directory location should not result in lock-ups but simply display a message explaining the problem. I'm unable to reproduce the issue. But If YOU can, would you be as kind to send back the stacktrace?

Thx,
Ronald

Reply 481 of 1970, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If it can't find DOSBox, such as if it got moved, DBGL just gives an error when you try to launch the game, but if you try to edit a game DBGL locks up. Pretty small error, since this rarely occurs. I only found it when I was setting up my new computer (Program Files vs Program Files (x86) thing).

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 482 of 1970, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Back from China!

Hmm, strange that I am unable to reproduce that lockup. Anyway, whenever anyone experiences a lockup that he or she can reproduce, please use dbglcons.cmd to obtain a stacktrace of the crash and report that back here, so I can tackle the problem effectively.

A new testing build:

- DBGL will now store and remember (altered) dialog sizes (thanks markus)
- Added 'open game dir' option when right-clicking on a profile (code120)
- Added 'oplemu' DOSBox CVS support and disabled 'fixed' cycles notation for recent CVS builds that don't need that anymore
- Fixed buggy log text screen updates (multithreading problem) while importing from D-Fend or migrating profiles
- Fixed a crashbug when opening a 7-zip file
- Thanks to the SWT development team, the combo box problem that showed up since SWT 3.4 has been fixed. I'm currently using the latest SWT milestone release M6 myself which seems to work fine. DBGL users with 64-bit machines may want to upgrade to M6 also because support for these architectures was improved quite a bit.
- Some refactoring, started to work on unit testing code

Attachments

• Filename
    jar064e.zip
    File size
    281.39 KiB
    Downloads
    319 downloads
    File comment
    jar064e
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    china.jpg
    File size
    91.99 KiB
    Downloads
    240 downloads
    File comment
    China (Suzhou)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 483 of 1970, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Keep up the good work Ronald.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 485 of 1970, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Awesome, DOSBox 0.73 was just released! And DBGL cannot stay behind; release 0.65 has:

* Full support for DOSBox 0.73! All the new configuration options are available (machine, cputype, oplemu, ioctl, etc.) and DBGL can properly transfer your profile settings from an older DOSBox release to the latest version (and vice versa).
* German (Stefan) and Danish (MiniMax) translations were added, improvements to the Chinese translation (ClarkH).
* Multiple improvements to ISO and 7-zip file browsing. What's more, browsing inside an cue/bin-pair is also possible now!
* Improvements to default dialog layout and size, especially for Linux environments. Dialog sizes are also remembered across sessions (Markus)
* Screenshot-buttons are displayed with a correct aspect ratio (code120).
* Moved mixer command after mounts to be able to set cdaudio volume.
* Right-click on a profile to quickly open the game folder (code120).
* You may use custom titles for your profile links (red_avatar).
* Fixed buggy log text screen updates while importing from D-Fend or migrating profiles.

Happy gaming,
Ronald

Reply 488 of 1970, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm testing DBGL v0.65 as we speak 😁

But I'm having a small problem here. I'm using DBGL with an official build of DOSBox and a CVS one. Since the CVS is now outdated, I've tried to delete it from the database. But I can't, I get a "remove dosboxversion" error.

Also, I have two requests, one small, and another not so small.

1) Before learning of the new DBGL version, I tried to configure DOSBox v0.73 with the previous version. Everything went fine, but I noticed DBGL kept referring to it as "v0.72". I'd like that to be editable, so we can manually set the proper version number in the future.

2) The new DOSBox v0.73 supports the new "machine" arguments as well as the old ones ("vga" comes to mind), which is all fine and super. But despite this, an option to change the same options in multiple profiles with a few clics, just like the one DFR has, would be terrific. There's plenty of space in the DBGL interface for another tab, and it would be very helpful for future migrations.

What do you think?

Reply 489 of 1970, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Neville wrote:

I'm testing DBGL v0.65 as we speak 😁

But I'm having a small problem here. I'm using DBGL with an official build of DOSBox and a CVS one. Since the CVS is now outdated, I've tried to delete it from the database. But I can't, I get a "remove dosboxversion" error.

That's because either you have a profile still using the CVS build, or a template using the CVS build. You can enable the DBID column in the profiles-list to help you find it. I may add a better explanation about the problem in the error dialog, though 🙄

Neville wrote:

Also, I have two requests, one small, and another not so small.

1) Before learning of the new DBGL version, I tried to configure DOSBox v0.73 with the previous version. Everything went fine, but I noticed DBGL kept referring to it as "v0.72". I'd like that to be editable, so we can manually set the proper version number in the future.

You mean the version number that you select when adding/editing a dosbox version, right? Yeah, making that list editable (like the other 'dynamic' options) should be no problem.

Neville wrote:

2) The new DOSBox v0.73 supports the new "machine" arguments as well as the old ones ("vga" comes to mind), which is all fine and super. But despite this, an option to change the same options in multiple profiles with a few clicks, just like the one DFR has, would be terrific. There's plenty of space in the DBGL interface for another tab, and it would be very helpful for future migrations.

Right, like you said, not so small 😁
Has been on my to-do list for quite some time now, will see what I can do.

Reply 491 of 1970, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After upgrading, all of my profiles still point to .72, even though I set .73 as the default. Would it be possible to set any profiles using the default DOSBox to always use the default, even if the default changes? In other words changing the default from .72 to .73 would cause all profiles using the default to then use .73 without having to edit each profile?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 493 of 1970, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, while that is a quick way to start using 0.73, it is not entirely correct; all profiles will still be using .conf files that are configured for 0.72, possibly using deprecated configuration options.

Setting a default DOSBox version in DBGL only determines the DOSBox version that will be used when adding a new profile; it will do absolutely nothing to existing ones.

For the moment, there is no possibility to instantly alter the DOSBox version association for multiple profiles, at once. You will have to change them one at a time for the moment. But since I am in the need for exactly this functionality myself, you can expect an automated solution soon 😀

Reply 494 of 1970, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I considered this as well because my DBGL list has over 300 games but I figured it might be complicated to do considering you have a basic setting, templates AND custom settings to worry about. Say DB 0.72 is set to use dynamic core by default but your DB 0.73 conf sets auto core as default. Which would it use then when switching DB versions? Since 0.72 uses VGA and not S3_VESA or VGAONLY, you'd have to replace all entries.

Reply 495 of 1970, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, but that functionality (to 'keep' settings, like vga->svga_s3 and gus=true while DOSBox 0.73 has gus per default off) is already in DBGL's codebase and should work as you said on a per-profile basis. To establish migration of multiple profiles to another DOSBox version, is just a matter of looping (running that existing code) over all selected profiles which - in theory - should produce the intended result.

Reply 497 of 1970, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Those greyed out options are only available in special DOSBox versions made by Gulikozaand Yhkwong containing some experimental SourceForge patches. When you associate a profile to one of those builds, the options will become available in DBGL.

Please note that these experimental builds are not as recent as 0.73 !

Reply 498 of 1970, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Small bug, DBGL 0.65 and DOSBox 0.73:

After adding 0.73 as a new DOSBox version, DBGL fails to correctly locate the (new) dosbox-0.73.conf file stashed away in %APP_DATA%. Instead DBGL looks in the the DOSBox 0.73 installation folder for the old-style dosbox.conf file.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 499 of 1970, by mjfoxtrot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"Those greyed out options are only available in special DOSBox versions made by Gulikoza and Yhkwong containing some experimental SourceForge patches. When you associate a profile to one of those builds, the options will become available in DBGL."

Which leads me to a request:

Since you have included some options in DBGL for graphics features in Ykhwong's and Gulikoza's builds of DosBox, is there any chance you could also provide some of the excellent printer features found in Ykhwong's build as well? For instance, it would be nice to have a "Printer" tab in the edit profile setings, and in it would be options to set the printoutput, docpath, and height and width parameters. I use both Ykhwong and Hal9000's DosBox builds to print, so I would find this to be quite helpful.

And since I am making requests . . . Hal 9000's MegaBuild also has an ethernet passthrough option, and a parallel port option. They wouldn't be bad to have in DBGL, too 😉

Great work on this front end. Please keep it going . . . DosBox is great, but DBGL makes it even better.