DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

General information and assistance with DOSBox.

Re: DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Postby _Rob » 2019-3-20 @ 13:27

rfc wrote:Hi, I downloaded (updated) from the latest version at http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/dbgl/ but fetching meta-data via Moby doesn't work.

No error message, just always get:
> Moby Games returns no results for "Commander Keen"

Tried it with lots of other words, always the same. I noticed that the feedback dialog comes _almost_ instant, like it doesn't even try. Unfortunately I couldn't find any debug log or so to dig into this myself.

Pouet.net seems to work for some I tried.

TheGamesDB.net consistently throws a SAX error:
> Technical information: org.xml.sax.SAXPArseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 50; White spaces are required between publicId and systemId

I don't care much abuot pouet/thegamesDB but Moby would be nice to get working again.

Thanks!

PS: AFICS I made sure to update _all_ files (dbgl.jar, lib folder jars, xsl, launcher exe, etc.)

Known problem, just grab the latest version from here for now: http://members.quicknet.nl/r.blankendaal/090/
_Rob

Postby Neville » 2019-3-20 @ 13:43

I'm having Alpha 3 freezes after removing categories from the profile list. Can't reproduce it with a fresh install, so there's that.

Using Java JRE 8 Update 131 as well, I should update it.
Neville
Oldbie

Postby rcblanke » 2019-3-21 @ 21:07

Neville wrote:.. freezes after removing categories from the profile list.

Can you please explain what it is exactly that you're doing, I do not understand?
rcblanke
Oldbie

Postby Neville » 2019-3-22 @ 01:06

Sorry. After setting up a few test profiles, I went to Preferences and removed several items from the profile list, such as Setup, Publisher or DBID.
Neville
Oldbie

Postby Neville » 2019-3-22 @ 15:47

I''ve updated to Java JRE 8 Update 192 x64. Alpha3 seems more stable, but I'm exiting DBGL after every change, trying to find issues, because two previous installs just stopped working. One froze as explained above, and the second wouldn't show anything after setting up a few profiles.

Of course I'm not using this alpha versions on my regular collection, instead I keep a small install just for testing purposes.

EDIT: I think I found a bug... if there are Internet addresses in your link boxes, DBGL adds the current folder to them. I've imported a few more profiles, and when I click on their MobyGames entries I get error messages, naturally. Editing the profiles doesn't solve it either, it keeps adding the folder name unless you add https:// to MobyGames links. New profiles aren't affected.
Neville
Oldbie

Postby jaygame1 » 2019-3-23 @ 20:21

Hey, one thing I think needs adding is when you have multiple box shots of a game, you should be able to select which one should be used for the game in the list. You know, like the "Use screenshot in profiles list" that D-Fend has...

There's another issue with 0.9 alpha 3: The "Edit Profile" box doesn't save my changes when I hit Ok. When I edit the game, in the "Mounting" tab, the executable boxes are blank. After refilling them and hitting OK, it acts as if nothing was entered into the executable boxes, and sure enough, if I edit the profile, the boxes are blank again.
jaygame1

Postby ANGO » 2019-3-26 @ 07:33

rcblanke wrote:
Neville wrote:.. freezes after removing categories from the profile list.

Can you please explain what it is exactly that you're doing, I do not understand?

It´s working fine for me, no matter which category I select or deselect

ANGO

Postby Neville » 2019-3-26 @ 13:45

I should stress that I have not suffered any unexpected crashes since I updated to Java JRE 8 Update 192 x64.
Neville
Oldbie

Postby dbgl-user » 2019-4-06 @ 10:41

hi there,

i noticed that dbgl 0.90 a3 seems not to be portable anymore under linux.

i needed to move its folder to /home/user and rename it to .dbgl in order to get it working, otherwise it would complain about missing the default.xml template.

quick question: i am very much after a portable usage. dbgl is the only program asking for an installed java runtime (openjdk java 11) here. any chance to include it in the dbgl folder just like dosbox, so to create a 'portable' linux dbgl version? this way, i could finally uninstall java.
dbgl-user

Postby danlucio » 2019-4-07 @ 01:15

jaygame1 wrote:Hey, one thing I think needs adding is when you have multiple box shots of a game, you should be able to select which one should be used for the game in the list. You know, like the "Use screenshot in profiles list" that D-Fend has...

It would be very useful, I also wish that! Another nice thing would be a column in the list for the game cover (like that one for screenshot)
danlucio

Postby ANGO » 2019-4-09 @ 08:40

danlucio wrote:
jaygame1 wrote:Hey, one thing I think needs adding is when you have multiple box shots of a game, you should be able to select which one should be used for the game in the list. You know, like the "Use screenshot in profiles list" that D-Fend has...

It would be very useful, I also wish that! Another nice thing would be a column in the list for the game cover (like that one for screenshot)

... also a function to sort the screenshots per drag & drop, would be great ;)
ANGO

Previous

Return to DOSBox General