VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Crusader_2005

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just installed DosBox 0.70 on a crappy system ( PII 700MHz, 128MB SDRAM, 8MB video card - Matrox Millenium G200, OS - WIN XP) and tried to run several games. Yesterday it worked fine and the improvements from 0.65 were very obvious(much faster and smoother play) but when I tried to run the program today it crashed. Here's the info about the crash:

Error signature: appname: dosbox.exe, appver: 0.0.0.0, modname: sdl.dll,
modver: 0.0.0.0, offset 002e699
I've included a text file with some information about the error...

Hope it helps in any way. I have to mention that I did not change my system configuration in any way and that all of my drivers were up to date, prior to the first installation of Dosbox 0.70.
I also tried all choices for the "output" option in the config file(and many combinations of all other options that I thought to have some importance for the crash) but the crash still occurs.
As the error report shows it may be something wrong with sdl.dll so if Dosbox 0.70 works for any of you guys, could you please send me both dll files from the program's installation directory? I've tried all that I could think of and it still crashes... Thanks

Attachments

• Filename
    f0da_appcompat.txt
    File size
    4.61 KiB
    Downloads
    111 downloads
    File comment
    Info about the crash
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by Crusader_2005

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is set to full. DirectX version is 9.0c and there are no problems with it. I did read another post related to this crash(due to no HW acceleration) but for me this is not the problem(I wouldn't have posted otherwise). The system settings were exactly the same yesterday when the program worked...

Reply 3 of 3, by Crusader_2005

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now i got it to work... You won't believe it but uninstalling the updated driver for the video card and letting windows install its old one did the trick... Very strange but now it works fine...