VOGONS

Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1360 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems he didn't know that DFR could search Mobygames for game info and put it in the game profile. I've informed him of DFR's capability. 😀

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 1361 of 2280, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,

With version 1.0.1, I could launch the portable version of D-Fend Reloaded with a command-line parameter to start a game, using a shortcut like this:

K:\mydir\dfend.exe Name of Profile

Under 1.0.2, this no longer works - the default DOS launches instead of the profile.

Is there a workaround, or a new way of specifying the command-line to the portable version?

Thanks for any help.

Reply 1362 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can confirm this problem now. Since 1.0.2 DFR is deleting the temp dosbox.conf file always on exit. When using a shortcut to start a profile or a command line parameter for DFR, DFR is doing this:
1. It's creating a temp conf file for the profile.
2. It's running DOSBox.
3. It's closing (and deleting the temp conf file).
If DOSBox has not read the conf file when 3 is executed, it does not get any configuration. There is no workaround at the moment for this problem.

Reply 1363 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded development is going on...

From the beta versions page you can download D-Fend Reloaded 1.0.3rc1 now. This is not a bugfix-only release; 1.0.3 will also bring some little improvements that do not require new language strings. For example the plain archive file import function now also scans for FILE_ID.DIZ files to make better suggestions for the profile titles. Also 4 out of 5 features planned for version 1.1 are implemented as hidden and untranslated features now.

If everything is fine with 1.0.3rc1, I will release 1.0.3 by the end of this week or beginning of next week. And if I have enough time for the last open 1.1 feature, we can have a 1.1beta1 by the end of this month.

Reply 1364 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "1.0.3rc1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

i have try to add an icon file = "essai.ico" that have, 1 meg size, 480 x 480, 32 bit colors,

In the file attached "ErrorMessage.jpg" = It made an error like the file attached = it's when added "directly" inside "App\IconLibrary" directory.

In the file attached "ErrorMessage2.jpg" = It made an error like the file attached = it's when added inside "Profile | Select Icon | Add | add single icon".

These Error messages (upper), is for the same icone files, but not included the same way.

It made that errors even on others icon files, ... that have size bigger than 256 x 256, ...

It made that errors also inside a strict minimum "Vanilla" installation.

In clear = It seem related to icon size or icon bigger than 256 x 256.

Attachments

• Filename
    ErrorMessage2.jpg
    File size
    179.44 KiB
    Downloads
    217 downloads
    File comment
    When i have added an .ico of 350 x 267, 32 bit colors.

(Inside the game icon section)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    ErrorMessage.jpg
    File size
    74.02 KiB
    Downloads
    221 downloads
    File comment
    When i have added an .ico of 350 x 267, 32 bit colors.

(Inside the directory)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1365 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "1.0.3rc1", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

Inside the directory = "App\IconLibrary"

Are you able to made an option, to rename ".ico" ".ICO" files, to have it all uppercase or lowercase ?

In example =

dosbox.ico
icone1.ICO
Icone2.ICO
icone3.ico

Then after lowercase

dosbox.ico
icone1.ico
Icone2.ico
icone3.ico

or after uppercase

dosbox.ICO
icone1.ICO
Icone2.ICO
icone3.ICO

Maybe some user(s), of your software need that.

Reply 1366 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Loading icons with more than 256x256 pixels is not suppored by the Delphi runtime library functions directly. For loading icons for the games list I'm using some Windows API functions, scale the icons and then give them to the TIcon class. Now I'm doing this with the icons in the icon library and the profile editor, too. This should fix the problem. Because this function needs to be tested before 1.0.3, I will make a rc2 soon.

I think renaming files is the job of some file management tools but anyway I have added this to the 1.1 wish list.

Reply 1367 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The second release candidate of DFR 1.0.3 now is online.
This version fixes two smaller problems. Additional all current "1.1 feature wish list" features are available as hidden functions in 1.0.3rc2.

Reply 1368 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Latest ykhwong's SVN introduces some changes regarding Glide emulation that may affect frontends:

SVN build for Windows: 2010-11-10 SVN build for Linux: 2010-10-30 […]
Show full quote

SVN build for Windows: 2010-11-10
SVN build for Linux: 2010-10-30

WHAT'S NEW
------------------
1. Based on SVN r3659
As of this update, some config settings were changed.
For instance, you must use "config -set scaler=hq2x" instead of "scaler hq2x" on the shell prompt of DOSBox.
2. Added kekko's 3dfx voodoo chip emulation.
According to kekko's description:
- higher compatibility with titles (even those with integrated .ovl)
- portability
- integration with dosbox internal renderer: full-screen, different output modes and video capture would be supported
- no need of external libs
- d3d support for win9x games
Set glide=emu in config if you want to use this. It will use glide2x_emu.ovl instead.
For more information, go to 3dfx voodoo chip emulation
Do not ask how to build or how to speed up there.
NOTE: Read USAGE_EN.TXT for details.
3. Updated openglide patch (Thanks, gulikoza)
Fixed a text output problem caused by my error in GTA1.
4. Fixed Save & Load state a bit
5. Fixed some minor bugs

Reply 1369 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "1.0.3rc2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

Additional all current "1.1 feature wish list" features are available as hidden functions in 1.0.3rc2.

Some people have that problem, even me that i have lost how to find = to "enable | disable" hidden functions of D-Fend Reloaded.

Can you made an option inside D-Fend Reloaded, to enable disable, hidden functions. And/Or write in the help file, and/or write in the forum section, a sticky message to display how to "enable | disable" hidden functions, and/or Alexander Forum signature, that display how to "enable | disable" hidden functions.

I can made in my sst Forum signature, to how to "enable | disable" hidden functions inside D-Fend Reloaded.

Reply 1370 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Neville:
Thank you, I have change set glide=... setting from false/true to false/emu/true.
Additionally I will support the other two glide settings (port and LFB), [ne2000] and [innova] in 1.1.

@sst:
The incomplete, untested, untranslated hidden preview features are not intended to be used public. They are just for testing. The other option would be to make two DFR branches: An official release and a second release containing the new features for testing. But this would mean a lot more work for me, so I'm just turning off the already implemented but not yet tested and translated features via some configuration switch. Because I do not want to get support requests for not even finished features I do not want to spread the information how to turn these things on to far. (I'm not even linking from the regular DFR homepage to the beta versions page, because I do not want the normal users getting problems with some may be buggy beta versions.)

Reply 1371 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Alexander, don't be that quick in adding the changes. I also warned of them in the D.B.G.L. thread and both h-a-l-9000 and ykhwong talked about it, it may change again. I'd wait until next ykhwong's SVN before adding any changes.

Reply 1372 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have made a default values list for the glide emulation. So adding more values or changing "emu" to something else etc. will be very easy if needed.

Additionally I have noticed the IPX settings are missing in the multi profile editor until now. 1.0.3 will allow to change the DOSBox IPX settings via the multiple profile editor.

Reply 1374 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I have changed the "Version Nbr. and the "Release Date", on that website, ...

http://frontends.dosbox.com/wiki/Main_Page

Please verify at your side, ... and tell me if i have to change something else, on that website.

Reply 1377 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Lucile,

D-Fend Reloaded already has a Spanish (Neville) and a French (sst) translator. If you want to help them translating D-Fend Reloaded, you can contact them directly.

And some news:

I have started working on D-Fend Reloaded 1.1 now. With a little luck the first beta version will be out beginning of December. The second beta (in which the language strings list gets frozen for translation) should be ready by beginning of next year.

At the moment I'm adding settings for the Glide emulation of some special DOSBox builds. The dosbox.conf of ykhwongs DOSBox version defines 600 as the default Glide I/O address. But does anybody now which other I/O addresses can be chosen for Glide? (I would like to make a default values list for these settings. And therefore I would need some reasonable default values...)

Reply 1378 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To be fair, real life has been putting lots of stress on me lately, and I wouldn't mind stepping down and leaving the Spanish translation to Lucile, if both she and Alexander agree.

Reply 1379 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander,

Is it possible for you to add another column in the games list for the number of people that can play a game, or whether it's hotseat, network or simultaneous?

Thanks,
Steve

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit