VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by papazark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

Sorry if the question has already been answered before ...

I'm trying to mount a folder using dosbox command line, and execute some command after that. (such as iso CD mount, cd and bat file)
But it seems dosbox tries to execute the [autoexec] section of the conf file first, (which fails because C isn't mounted yet) and then mounts the directory I passed as a parameter.

According to the readme.txt, it seems to be the correct behavior (like the -c parameter), so is there a way to do the contrary ?

Thanks for your answers

Reply 1 of 3, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I see only two options here:

Either add the mount cmd as first line into #AUTOEXEC section
or type in c:autoexec.bat after mounting using dosbox command line

😦

Klimawandel.

Reply 2 of 3, by papazark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks for the suggestions !

In fact, I am using a Windows Contextual Menu to mount a folder. I don't want to put the absolute filepath in the conf file, so that rules out #1

for #2, that's interesting. I didn't know I could actually call the autoexec section from the dosbox prompt. But I still have to type something 😀
I've tried to put an actual autoexec.bat file in my mounted folder, but it seems it wasnt used by dosbox.

Reply 3 of 3, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
papazark wrote:

for #2, that's interesting. I didn't know I could actually call the autoexec section from the dosbox prompt. But I still have to type something 😀
I've tried to put an actual autoexec.bat file in my mounted folder, but it seems it wasnt used by dosbox.

My c:autoexec.bat assumes, there is an AUTOEXEC.BAT file located on your mounted c: folder, anyway, if you're still located at the Z: prompt, typing in AUTOEXEC.BAT, will re-call the #AUTOEXEC.BAT section of the conf file.

Klimawandel.