VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by miami

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i want to use dosbox with my program FC.exe and CG.exe (FC is invoice dos and cp compta dos)
DOSBOX is now running on my PC (Windows7_64bits)
i want to now if it is possible to have 2 Shortcuts:
1 to execute FC.exe D:\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe D:\MV\FC.EXE
1 and 1 to execute CG.exe D:\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe D:\MV\CG.EXE

also i want to exit DOSBOX when i close FC.exe or CP.exe
this two programs do not run together if that can help
also i have a probleme When I write a date or a number, I am obliged to do on/off NumLock for the number can be validated.

Can someone give me the command lines to put in options dosbox.option
thank you for your help

Reply 2 of 5, by miami

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes , now .. sorry but i am not easy with command lines ..
2 Shortcuts run correctly :
FC.exe D:\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe D:\MV\FC.EXE
CG.exe D:\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe D:\MV\CG.EXE
but i must "exit " DOSBox when i close FC.EXE or CG.EXE

always problem with on/off NumLock

also now i have a printer in lpt1 and impossible to print,
is there any way to print with DOSBox
thank you for your help

Reply 3 of 5, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You want to use a config file and its [autoexec] section for your shorcuts, instead of giving your executables directly as parameters to DOSBox. In the autoexec, put your mountings, then your executable, then "exit" to end DOSBox. It's all explained in the README.

If you don't understand the README - maybe you have a friend at your place who knows about computers and English, and he can help you?

As for NumLock I don't know, it's a good question. Maybe you should open a new thread for that question, or search the forum, whether it has been asked before.

Printing: DOSBox is for games so the standard build can't print. There are special patched versions of DOSBox that can print, for example the so called "Megabuild" by hal-9000 (if I remember correctly). Search the forum for "Megabuild" to find more info.

tearex

Reply 4 of 5, by miami

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi TeaRex, thank's for your reply
i have ask Megabuild Author for printing since yesterday because i have also find this possible solution but he not include print on port lpt1/USB nothing on port IP or other ...but actually lpt1/serial
damage DosBox do not include this, that can be a solution for many people using program in DOS (other than Games) like me.