VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, as I'm using DosBox on Debian, and I need some key combinations that involve ctrl, alt and a function key (which typically switches the display to a TTY) I thought of adding the super key (windows key) as the third modifier key, so I could use it for actions (such as taking screenshots or recording sound/video) that used to have the ctrl and alt combinations. The problem is that whenever I quit DOSBox and start it again, Mod3 key doesn't work anymore (while the other modifier keys work fine), unless I bring up the keymapper, delete the key set to Mod3, add it again and save. I'm currently on r3869 but it also happens on 0.74 (IIRC).

Also, is there any way to make alt+tab work while the mouse is captured? It's quite annoying having to uncapture the mouse every time I want to switch to another window.

Reply 2 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

So if I understand it correctly, your report is that the mod3 key isn't saved/loaded from the mapper file ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 9, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm not sure if that's the exact thing that's happening, but it would seem like so. The stdout does not specify anything of a problem when loading the mapper file.
The thing is whenever I start DOSBox, Mod3 is set to a custom key (ie. the super key is mapped as "unknown key" for some reason, maybe that's what's causing the problem?)

Reply 5 of 9, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sure, here you go.

Attachments

• Filename
    mapper-CVS.map.zip
    File size
    909 Bytes
    Downloads
    64 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 6 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

indeed it is mapped to an unknown key (all unknown are mapped to 0)

mod_3 "key 0" 

It shouldn't be too hard to add the winkey to mapping table. Is usescancodes on or off at your place ?

Reply 8 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I'll pm you a little patch tomorrow to determine the key number that we need.

you might want to try if it is different with usescancodes turned off, (as the mapper file will be different in that case)