VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by juliusaugustus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I try to run Dosbox on Windows 10 it starts but then immediately closes. I tried versions 0.73 and 0.74 and the result is the same, please help!

Reply 1 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

try a different output in the config

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you are using a tablet, then you will need to plug in a mouse, or use one of these solutions:

"Device not registered" error and exit
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dosbox_and_w … hscreen_tablets

Reply 4 of 7, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
juliusaugustus wrote:

When I try to run Dosbox on Windows 10 it starts but then immediately closes. I tried versions 0.73 and 0.74 and the result is the same, please help!

Post what device you're running it on and the specs. Also try posting your dosbox.conf in a code block.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 5 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Jorpho probably has the right idea. I always forget that Windows 10 + Dosbox - mouse = boom

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 7, by juliusaugustus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK I am using an HP Pro Tablet 608 G1 Intel Atom x5-Z8500 Tablet with 4g Ram, 64gb flash memory with Windows 10 Pro build 14393.321. I tried plugging in a logitech keyboard and touchpad combo and that worked. I also tried SVN build r4000 and I managed to get that work without a keyboard.

Reply 7 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

*moved to DOSBox General forum*
Please use the DOSBox forums for questions concerning DOSBox