VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bartjaah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! I'm not sure if I'm posting this at the right category, but I couldn't really find a suiting one. Mod's; you may move this topic somewhere more suiting if you prefer. I'm sorry. Please do not delete this topic, please guide me in the right direction if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

I've been recording my gameplay for years now and posting this on my Youtube Channel.

Usually I do the following to record my gameplay:
- Record using DosBox' internal recorder (CTLR+SHIFT+F5).
- Load footage in Virtual Dub 64bit. Use filter: Resize to something with 1080 height (normally when the game is 320x200 I use 600%) and apply a neirest neighbour filter to keep the footage sharp. Exports are HUGE (Gigabytes for single seconds) so the x264vfw64 AVI codecs. It still gives me an AVI in return, but with a smaller size with great quality. Below is a snapshot of the codecs.
- After converting I load up Premiere Pro (CC2017) to edit all the footage together.

image2.png

I have installed:
- ZMBV Codecs, 86x and 64x versions.
- The x264vfw64 Codecscodecs.

Due to some hardware changes and a 'fresh' setup, I decided to clean my C: drive and gave it a fresh Windows 10 install after a nice format. I do this every now and then, nothing new.
The difference is that I have a new CPU cooler, put some new cooling paste between that and my CPU and replaced my graphics card (a GTX 1060 6gb instead of a GTX 650 Ti Boost).

What's my problem:
- When I try to import an (Virtual Dub Exported x264vfw) AVI file into Premiere Pro it say's "Unsupported Format or Damaged File".
- When I open up an older project that has been edited a few months ago it unlinks all of the source files (which haven't been relocated), even when I use the 'replace footage' function and point out the files it gives me an error.

So my Adobe Premiere Pro refuses to load up AVI files somehow, and it might be normal not to do so, but it did before. I've installed the same codecs I always use after a fresh Windows 10 installation. I even have the quirky Quicktime, VLC and MPC.

I did my googles and read a lot about Premiere Pro not ever supported any AVI files, strange, because before formatting, mine did.
Here's an Example File that I've used a few months ago which has been edited and used in this video. So I had no troubles before.
(This contains a 4MB sized AVI file from the intro of Wacky Wheels)

Does anyone know what I'm missing? And does anyone know how I can get this fixed. I've been recording a lot of modern games from the Windows era lately, but I'd like to upload some Dosgames soon aswell, because I got a bit sidetracked by some other games.

Thank you in advance.
Bart.

Reply 2 of 5, by Bartjaah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah that's what they say everywhere, but that's a lie. I've been using them for years now. Here's some proof; a project that I've edited a few months ago, but the files aren't recognized anymore 🙁

DOS.png

Reply 3 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bartjaah wrote:

And does anyone know how I can get this fixed. I've been recording a lot of modern games from the Windows era lately,
but I'd like to upload some Dosgames soon aswell, because I got a bit sidetracked by some other games.

Um, you could use Avidemux or VLC to do the conversion..

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//