VOGONS

First post, by timj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

greetings! first of all thank you very much for this amazing tool 👍

i did a search and couldn't find any info on this, maybe it's not supported but i was wondering if there's any way that could launch a game with a specific keymapper file.
i have these shortcuts and wanted to do something like this, e.g.:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe -mapper-0.74.map" "D:\Games\DOS\flashback\fb.exe" [for flashback game]

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe -mapper-0.75.map" "D:\Games\DOS\fotf\go.bat" [for fury of the furies]

etc...

in order to avoid the necessity to always enter the keymapper every time i want different key configurations according to each game i play...

i hope my question makes sense...

thanks in advance 👍

Reply 2 of 2, by timj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

You can prepare special conf files for each game with the right mapper file referenced in it.

hey thanks for your fast reply!
i went to appdata\local\dosbox and copied dosbox-0.74.conf and mapper-0.74.map to the directory where i have my game, D:\Games\DOS\flashback\.
then i renamed them both to dosbox-flashback.conf and mapper-flashback.map and finally i edited my shortcut and used this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe -conf D:\Games\DOS\flashback\dosbox-flashback.conf" "D:\Games\DOS\flashback\fb.exe"

but unfortunately windows gives me this message:

The attachment dosbox.png is no longer available

edit: i did it :jots is down: hehe, turns out i had to edit the dosbox-0.74.conf file and in the end of if write my mount commands, thanks a lot!!!

feel free to delete the thread if you want 👍