VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Václav Steiger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I'm dealing with a little bit special use case for DOSBox. I'm trying to run an old DOS FoxPro app in DOSBox on Windows server, and then I'm publishing the DOSBox as RemoteApp for users to connect to it from their computers. I have prepared autoexec portion of the config file to automatically run the FoxPro app, then I added -conf parameter with path to this config file. This is actually working fine, when I click on it, I log in with my user credentials and then DOSBox window shows up with the app. In the console I can see It loads and uses my special config file. All is good.
Howewer, when I try to log in as another user, who wasn't logged on the server yet, DOSBox autogenerates new config file in C:\Users\<new_user_name>\AppData\Local\DOSBox.conf and uses only it - and not my previously prepared config file, so it does nothing, just hangs with Z: prompt.
Is there any way to prevent this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
V.Steiger

Reply 2 of 3, by Václav Steiger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks a bunch, you pointed me in the right direction. Turns out the problem was with inherited rights to the folder with the program. When user is part of a group, you allow full access for the group, it doesn't work. However, when you specificcaly allow it for the user himself, it works. Strange, but it is working now. Thanx a lot!

Reply 3 of 3, by JosSchaars

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If more than one user will be running the FoxPro app, data files will get corrupted in time. The more extensive the data files are updated, the sooner (https://www.vdos.info/faqs.html - Miscellaneous - SHARE – Record locking (RL) by multi-user applications).