VOGONS

First post, by CrazyTerabyte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have some old programs I made using Turbo Pascal. Some of them did not work correctly. The most important problem is about function "86h", from "int 15h".

The following code is equivalent to a delay function:

procedure makepause(ms:Word); assembler;
asm
mov ax,1000;
mul ms;
mov cx, dx;
mov dx, ax;
mov ah, 86h;
int 15h;
end;

The ms parameter is the time to "sleep", in miliseconds.

Unfortunately, it looks like DosBox ignores this.

I attached the little game I made in Turbo Pascal, long time ago. Source and binary included. It is needed to decrease CPU Cycles until this becames playable.

Attachments

• Filename
    minhoca.zip
    File size
    14.69 KiB
    Downloads
    191 downloads
    File comment
    Game that uses function "86h" of "int 15h". Source code (Turbo Pascal) and binary included.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 3, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It should at least since I just tested it and works just fine in the DOSBox CVS (the CVS sourcecode available at their sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox page.)
I make builds of it on a weekly basis abouts. See my sig.

BTW: My highscore with your little game came out to be 180. Spanish text but still playable :p.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 3, by CrazyTerabyte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
priestlyboy wrote:

It should at least since I just tested it and works just fine in the DOSBox CVS (the CVS sourcecode available at their sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox page.)
I make builds of it on a weekly basis abouts. See my sig.

BTW: My highscore with your little game came out to be 180. Spanish text but still playable :p.

Yes, it works on CVS, but didn't work on 0.61 release.

BTW, it isn't Spanish, it is Portuguese (although there are only a few words in whole game). Thanks for playing my humble game! 😀

Don't tell anyone, but the maximum score is 255 or 254, because it is the maximum size of "worm" (I wanted to use only one byte to store it). 😉