VOGONS

DESESPERATE for HELP! GNB3

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Darko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm really deseperate to make this game working. I have original game, the version that came with all the other series games. I posted that some days ago but I get no help

Hello all!!

I need your help please. I'm trying to run Great Naval Battles 3 using DosBOx and DFend frontend, but every time I try to run, the DOS screen appear with the location of the game wrote at the bottom

C:/Archivos de Programa/GNB/GNB3

And nothing happens, If I try to press enter, the same appear again

C:/Archivos de Programa/GNB/GNB3

I have no problems running GNB5, so this game have to work well no??

So any idea? Anyone have this game working?? And how please!

P.S. I believe that is a EXE problem, can someone send it to

capitanstratos at yahoo dot es

or by messenger at

capitanstratos1 at hotmail dot com

THANK'S

Reply 1 of 4, by milicognj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Darko (or maybe Zdravo Darko). Here's the solution. DOSBox can not change to the directory called Archivos de Programa because it has a long file name which is not supported by DOS (name may have up to 8 letters).
Open game's D-Fend profile andd change the game path to the C:\Archiv~1\GNB\GNB3 and that should work.

Ognjen

Reply 2 of 4, by Worldtraveller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run this program as well and having similar issues. According to the tutorial on myabandonware.com, it looks like this should work, but the folder called 'VirtualHD" is more than 8 characters. Is this possible the problem?

I have gotten this program to run on a previous machine (also with WinXP) and don't remember having any difficulty.

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Install it from the original media and it will run. Abandonware is not supported here

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Two reasons for getting your thread locked: necropost and warez....

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper