VOGONS

First post, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is a very old dos program. The app used to work correctly with old pc. Now it gives protection error 23204 and quits to dos after first introduction screen (in dosbox and real dos). I'd like to add attachment with application but I think it's not legal here so I wait for suggestions.

Reply 4 of 9, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

🤣! I don't know. 😅 Famitap was a software to improve your skills with keyboard typing. This was part of Ibm Famipack, the software bundled with my long dead Ibm ps/1. I suspect that this weird error message maybe has something to do with keyboards that we use nowaday, that are different from oldest ps1/2 ones.

Or maybe in the past era, famitap got corrupted in some way, unluckily it is not so easy to find another user with this pack and check if my copy is good or not.

Reply 9 of 9, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hummm...it was part of original software included with my ps1 and my father actually paid for that pc (and it was costly) so imho I have the right to be able to use that again (even now) if I want. but I don't want to start an off topic discussion about copyrights. the problem with the application is solved now so the topic can be closed. 😀