VOGONS

Dreams to Reality

Topic actions

First post, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Has anyone gotten this game to run smoothly in dosbox? I have seen a few threads on here about using a 3dfx/glide type patch. Although I also saw notes stating that the menus are not visible under the glide patch.

here are my system specs & issue:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5

Processor type and speed: Core i7 860 @ 2.93ghz

Amount and type of RAM: 4gb DDR3

Video board: ATI Radeon HD 4870, 1gb RAM

Sound board: Onboard

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro 64

Game name (and version, if applicable): Dreams to Reality

Description of problem: The opening movie stutters horribly, the main menu blinks in and out while stuttering. Actual gameplay isn't as bad, but the resolution is stretched across the screen like some type of movie mode. I have very large black bars above and below the image creating a game image that appears long enough to cross two monitors. If I turn aspect=true on, then it fixes this problem, although the game begins to stutter even more.

Reproducibility of problem: always
Sound mode used: sb16 (220, 7, 1)

Video mode: I have tried all current SVGA modes (no_lfb, svga_s3, ) with a memsize of 64

Version of emulator: DosBox 0.74

Steps already attempted to solve the problem: tried all different VESA modes, tried maxing the cycles, and tried different versions of dosbox.

Here are some relevant sections from my conf file:

fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original
output=surface
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=true

language=
machine=svga_s3
captures=capture
memsize=64

frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=normal2x

core=auto
cputype=auto
cycles=max
cycleup=10
cycledown=20

Thank you in advance for any assistance or advice.

Reply 1 of 1, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Search google for Nglide wrapper website, get the gulikoza dosbox build there (it's a 0.73 era build) and the wrapper. Install it and try with that. It worked very well (at least for me), I have dreams too.