VOGONS

Having some trouble with Space Hulk...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by KiwiStalk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello dosbox wizards! I am having an odd problem with the 1993 Space Hulk game that I can't figure out, and I couldn't find any info on the forums to help out.

I got the package from Abandonia, and I'm running doxbox 0.74. The only non default setting I have is output = ddraw, res = 1920x1080 with fullscreen, and dynamic core.

I can run the game fine, but at the intro when the Warhammer 40k logo shows itself doxbox freezes with a "DMA segbound read" error. If I skip that screen it will run the game's intro until the last part when the space marines start shooting the genestealers, and it freezes with the same error. If I skip all the intros the game runs fine until the 2nd tutorial mission when I reach the end, when it again freezes with the same issue.

I'm guessing it's a sound driver/file issue. I've changed different things with the sound from type to dma settings. Basically, if I choose a device or setting that doesn't run PCM files but runs background music dosbox will still freeze in the same spots, and if I disable sound entirely the actual game with freeze in different spots.

Odd no? Any ideas?