VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by aeronix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@ripa
Thanks mate. The linked thread and the new sdl download solved it. By the way the game always exits randomly when the left key (Originally capslock) gets pressed. No issues with the right. Might be some more tuning is required?

2.The environment variable and lock keys seem new to a newbie.Would you kindly explain those in detail with the problem I mentioned above?

Reply 21 of 23, by aeronix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi ,
I was getting unusual game exits when the game is on and the right or left key is pressed that is after the key swaps. The dos box r3820 and SDL-1.2.14-win32 for the fix on caps lock toggle.
It appeared the key stroke for the original left and right key was not yet disassociated/deleted , hence the hangs/exits. Once done the game works like a charm. I am running at 3000 cycles.Thanks Folks!

PS Any way to find out the list of what was mapped in a particular map file? Of course the particular map file can be deleted and everything started fresh. But still...

Reply 22 of 23, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you mean the dosbox mapper file, it's a really simple text format. You can open it with Notepad. For example, if the file has:
key_p "key 112"
key_o "key 111"

You can swap o and p keys by swapping the numbers 112 and 111. The first key is the key emulated by dosbox, and the numeric value is some scancode generated by your operating system to Dosbox.

Reply 23 of 23, by aeronix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No. What I was seeking was , looking at the key mapper menu is there a feature to let know which keys are mapped , and which are deleted? I can delete the keymapper file and start fresh. Just curious to know..