VOGONS

First post, by Mostro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm attempting to use Dosbox to install the 7th Guest. I used the guide from the Dosbox Guide forum but encountered a problem. Everything works fine until I get to the install screen. When I hit any key to begin installation a Warning! pops up saying the 2nd disc is not int he drive. The 2nd disc is definitely in the drive, so I'm not sure what the problem is. My CD-Rom has never not read a disc correctly so that's not the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Reply 2 of 7, by Mostro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The 2nd disc is already in the drive when I attempt to install. I tried various ways of ejecting the disc, putting it back in and pressing ctrl f4 but none of this worked. In addition to saying the 2nd disc is not in the drive, it tells me that if I want to try again, insert disc 1 and press Y. This does not work. Thank you for your reply.

Reply 3 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

What DOSBox-commands do you use to mount your CD's?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 7, by Mostro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probelm solved here. I read through some other threads concerning the 7th Guest and found that if you have 2 CD-ROM drives, then it will not recognize the 2nd disc. The solution is to place the 2nd(installation) disc in the CD-ROM(D) drive, and the first disc in the CD-RW(E) drive. It will then recognize the disc, and continue the installation.

On a side note, in searching those older 7th Guest threads, I found a program to run the game in windows, so DOSBox became unnecessary.

But thank you both for your replies.

Reply 5 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Do the next person a favor, and tell us and him about the program you found.

Reply 6 of 7, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can find this program here:
http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/patdl.cgi?lang=eng&sys … file=t7gwin.zip

But it is a little bit buggy and crashes a lot. So you have to save often.

Last edited by Wintermute on 2006-06-15, 19:19. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 7 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Thanks.