VOGONS

First post, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gretzky Hockey II crashes on DOSBOX. Does anyone know how to get it working? I cannot see any obvious answers.

Reply 3 of 9, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have it working in DOSBox, but I had to change the DOSBox sound details to match the game's default for Soundblaster. It requires IRQ=10 and DMA=3. The games' batch file should have:

wgh3_k sblaster_pro irq:10 io:220 dma:3 manual_aim

Still, the game plays way too fast and the mouse movement is sluggish. I'll have to tweak with moslo or something.

Reply 4 of 9, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks but some help here and two questions. As for your problem, I suggest using CNTL-F11 to slow it down. However, I am still having some problems. First, the game crashed whenever I try to load a different team, saying error #2. Second, I can't figure out the keyboard commands. Is there a way to adjust them, or a manuel online somehere?

Reply 5 of 9, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used the in-game speed bar to slow down the action. I was able to change teams ok. You have to make sure that your drive where the game is located is mounted in DOSBox. At first I didn't have it mounted because I was using the DOSBox command line. When I tried to change teams, it only showed the c drive and the z drive available. When I clicked the c drive..it had a teams folder with all the teams so I tried it. When I clicked 'done', I got that same error #2. After mounting the drive where my game is located, it showed up in the team selection page and changing teams worked fine. I only have the keyboard map from WGH2 which I've included. I don't think they match completely, though. I've only been able to use the mouse as a controller; the game hangs when I pick the joystick or keyboard.

Attachments

• Filename
    040329190925.jpg
    File size
    872.73 KiB
    Downloads
    116 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 9, by kerkko76

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone have found the answer to the original question about WGH2 crashes?

I would really like to get this game work. It is the best hockey game ever. New NHL games might look good but they aren't real hockey, WGH2 is.