VOGONS

First post, by dosdude82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello 😀 I am having trouble installing and running WWF In Your House for DOS. I am using D Fend Reloaded which comes with DOSBOX 0.74.

My problem occurs when I install the game. The progress bar or percentage goes up normally but at some point the installation crashes and kicks me out of DOSBOX and brings me back to the D FEND reloaded GUI.

I should point out that I am using the Original CD for this install and mounting it within D FEND reloaded.

The core and cpu cycles were set to auto.
Sound is soundblaster
extended and expanded memory Is enabled
memory size is 16 Megabytes

I did try using different CPU core choices too to not effect.

I am running this on a LENOVO Core i5 2.4 GHZ laptop with 8 gigs of RAM and Windows 7 if that helps.

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Sincerely,

dosdude82

Reply 4 of 10, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes. I happen to have the original CD for this game as well. I just tried to install from it in DOSBox SVN and ran into the same crash.

DOSBox exits with the following message: Exit to error: ran out of Cacheblocks. I believe it happens when copying the large 60MB+ file SPEECH.SND, because this file only gets partially copied. The installer app must hit some hard limit. It may be possible to debug this, but it is simpler to just copy the entire WWFIYH directory directly from the CD to the mounted drive in DOSBox, and run the game from there. I tested it and it works.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 6 of 10, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dr_st wrote:

Yes. I happen to have the original CD for this game as well. I just tried to install from it in DOSBox SVN and ran into the same crash.

DOSBox exits with the following message: Exit to error: ran out of Cacheblocks. I believe it happens when copying the large 60MB+ file SPEECH.SND, because this file only gets partially copied. The installer app must hit some hard limit. It may be possible to debug this, but it is simpler to just copy the entire WWFIYH directory directly from the CD to the mounted drive in DOSBox, and run the game from there. I tested it and it works.

Did you fixed it with normal core?

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 10 of 10, by dosdude82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks qbix. I got it working no problem. Some things I noticed about the game. The loading screens from the wrestler select to the match seem to take a bit, even at 30000 cycles.

The dos CD version has the CPU wrestlers theme playing throughout the entire match. When you start the game you get the old raw theme. Were all together now by anthrax.

The ps1 and Sega Saturn versions have no music in the matches themselves.

Also if someone could add my info about running in your house on the main dosbox compatibility page, it would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Dosdude82