VOGONS

First post, by DarkPenfold

User metadata

Hi guys.

First up, well done to the DOSBox team for creating such a great program I read about it in the latest issue of PC Zone (UK), decided to give it a go and it works beautifully.

The only problem I'm having in running my favourite PC game ever - Syndicate Plus - is that I can't save it. After not being able to run the game from CD, I copied the contents of the disc to my second hard-drive (F:), in the dosprog folder that the Info file suggested. After some tinkering with CPU cycles, Syndicate runs perfectly from there (full sound, no FPS trouble at all), but won't let me save my game.

I've done a forum search and created "save" directories on the following locations:
F:\dosprog\synd
F:\dosprog\synd\data
F:\dosprog\synd\syndicat
F:\dosprog\synd\syndicat\data

None of these locations work: I'll save, restart the game using the options menu, and then go back to the save/load screen only to find all 8 of the slots are "Empty".

Anyone got this working? If so, could you help me out here? Ta muchly.

Reply 1 of 2, by Pr0t0man

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey man. I also am a Syndicate Plus Fan! But when I play, I can save the game... Well, I downloaded my Syndicate Plus on eMule. It's not the original, but here's the trick: copy all your files to the folder "synd". Then mount the C drive (mount c c:\synd). DON'T use the command Synd.exe but the Main.exe. Try to save and then reply to me if it worked...

Reply 2 of 2, by BlackConvoy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Syndicate will only save games to the C:\SYND\SAVE folder... I remember having this problem years and years ago pre-Windows when I wanted all my games on a different drive... If you create the folder, then go into Syndicate, "save" the game right at the start, so no time is wasted.. then go straight back into the Save/Load screen to see if your game is still there

"Who else seeks death?" -- Lu Bu