VOGONS

First post, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's been a while, but i've been experimenting with my dosbox.conf files and i remembered.

Is 256 color mode somehow more compatible than the so called '64k' on the windows drivers with dosbox resolution change? I ask because, without 'fullresolution=original' (that also streches) on several win3.11 games .conf, and running windows 3.11 with 640x480 64k colors, the dosbox screen (and windows, and any game running) appear as a 'box' inside of a larger non-scaled fullscreen window (if fullscreen).

While if i use the 640x480 256 colors driver, my window is completely 'column boxed'.

I suspect this is a driver and nothing to do with dosbox right? Dosbox doesn't scale the image to fullscreen after windows boots, and my driver doesn't like the windows '64k' but is fine with '256', correct?

Reply 2 of 4, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Uh, i kind of hate how this forum doesn't allow clicking quotes to check context. So it's dosbox not doing something instead of the drive not doing something. Would the 'pixel-perfect patch' output help?

Reply 3 of 4, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmm. I'm using OpenGL output, fullresolution=desktop and I run Windows 3.1 in 256 colours (-> supports palette cycling) . Works fine for me.
Edit: Just checked again. Same here (Dosbox-r4023): 32k/64k colours won't give fullscreen/scaled.

Last edited by Jo22 on 2017-07-06, 22:24. Edited 1 time in total.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//