VOGONS

Moonstone

Topic actions

First post, by SilverFang

User metadata

Ok. I've been up all night now. Trying to get moonstone working. Yes, im a noob big time on DOSBox and everything there is whit computer programs. Anyway. I don't know why moonstone doesn't work. I've tryed whit everything there is. But the problem is that I don't understand nothing about DOSBox. (and all other programs you need to have) Do you have to type in something/do something when you start the program?
I also have downloaded alots of other programs in:
http://www.classicgaming.com/moonstone/emulation.htm

Wtf does "mount" mean? (im not so good on english)
Please. Someone help me. Im desperate... 😳

//musskit@hotmail.com

Reply 3 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

DOSBox Guides

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 10, by Kilrogg

User metadata

Hello !

I can't run Moonstone too. I do know what "mount" means. Acutally, I understood most of the setup readme when I read it.

The thing is, after setting my drive and all that stuff, when I type "cd moonstone" (which is my directory), All I get is a "unable to change to moonstone".

Could someone help me ?

Thanks in advance !

Reply 5 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Please explain what "setting my drive and all that stuff" means.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 10, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

1. Did you type C: by itself to switch to the virtual c drive before attempting to change the directory?

2. DOSBox doesn't support long filenames, and "moonstone" is longer than 8 characters.

Reply 7 of 10, by emodel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1. Firstly stick the Moonstone directory at c:\moon (remove Moonstone folder but cut moon part out and put it in c:)
2. Run DOSBox and type the following... mount c c:\moon
3. Then type c:
4. It simply remains for you to type ms.exe
5. Wahey - no more "Insert Disk A" messages!

Quoted from the site u downloaded moonstone from.
What a genius i am !!!

Latest dosbox cvs on windows xp sp3

Reply 8 of 10, by Kilrogg

User metadata

Thanks everyone, I'm such a n00b, I figured out what my problem was a bit after posting by searching a little more on the forum : too long folder name.

Now, the only issue is : I can't get DOSBox to emulate sound correctly (all I get is no music and horrible sounds... not coming directly from the CPU, but still cheap sounds)... This game has no setup, so I can't configure the sound settings properly.

Does anyone know a proper DOSBox sound setting for Moonstone ?

Reply 10 of 10, by Kilrogg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Even with the default settings (soundblaster16), I can't get the sounds to play correctly...

Have any clue of what I should do ?

I have no other old game that I tried with Dosbox to compare and see if all the games have sound issues on my PC, so don't ask, unless you think that's really important to know that...