VOGONS

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't mind me, I'm setting up every dos game I can find and some errors come to surface...I'm only trying to help 😊

In Alone in the Dark 2 & 3 the setup program does not show up correctly. The buttons are moved and impossible to hit making sound setup really hard:

Attachments

• error.JPG
    Filename
    error.JPG
    File size
    29.18 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 11, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting, the buttons text moved half-way up the screen. This is symptomatic with that Lode Runner bug that I've fixed last night. The patch is in Sourceforge but did not make through to ykhwong's build yet. If you can compile DosBox I would suggest trying with that patch.

Reply 5 of 11, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My machine isn't exactly setup for compiling....and I wouldn't begin to know where to start 😅 Hence why I use builds... 😢

The best I can do is ask you to try or send you the setup (for testing purposes of course)

Reply 10 of 11, by POLE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got more or less the same problem. I have all the original trilogy in CDs and the dos installation simply hangs on that screen. I must install it on windows to make it work. On a side note, the install program (which allows to change the options for the sound hardware) works like a charm and the games works.

My version is DOSBox 0.65.

Is there a workaround for this?

P.S. I am not english native so there could be mistakes.