VOGONS

Dune Help

Topic actions

First post, by Guest

User metadata

I am having a lot of trouble getting this game to run. When I tried installing it, it said that what the program uses to test speed or something doesn't work on my machine or whatever. So, I have no idea what that means.

When I try running Dune off the C drive that I mounted, all that comes up is a black screen and DOSBox freezes up.

What should I do? This is so confusing. 🙁

Reply 3 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been able to get both floppy and CDROM versions of Dune 1 (and Dune 2) working fine in DOSBox. I don't remember if I got that warning or not, but try telling it to ignore it if it gives the option to - it certainly won't hurt anything to try.

Reply 4 of 8, by Theboss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the same error but its works fine though, just ignore it and run setup to complete install and you're off.. I have 2 different cd versions of Dune and they both work fine 😀

Reply 6 of 8, by MATT091282

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well nevermind I solved the problem. I was running the installation from the local drive the whole time instead of the CD! 🤣! I felt like such a goof. Well anyway its great to play this game again! 😀

Reply 7 of 8, by Theboss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HunterZ: Besides the different cd gfx, one is a orange cd with dunes and the other just a silver cd with text displayed on it, they seem the same expect that I cannot load savegames if switching cds 😦

MATT091282: its a cool game! I recently played it again, great old memories from when I played it on the Amiga.
Today I got in Dune 2 orginal cd so another gaming round seems in place 😁

Reply 8 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Theboss: Strange... Maybe one of the versions comes with a patch already installed? I checked dlh.net and they only have a Pro Audio Spectrum 16 fix listed under patches for that game.