DOSBox-X branch

Topic actions

Reply 762 of 2397, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SA1988 wrote:

Well, does the DOS box prompt work now with the ET4000 with win3.1 and win95?

See "WINDOWS DOS VM TEST RESULTS.TXT". The ET4000 emulation is most problematic with Windows 3.1's driver and it is unable to restore INT 10h modes 4-6 and 7-19 properly, while Windows 95 works perfectly fine.

DOSBox-X project: more emulation better accuracy.
DOSLIB and DOSLIB2: Learn how to tinker and hack hardware and software from DOS.

Reply 763 of 2397, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
noisome wrote:
CodeHolio, […]
Show full quote

CodeHolio,

Does this have file-locking support across Dosbox instances (I saw support for Share.exe, but need to know if its across instances), or does it rely on filesystem locking from the hosting OS?

The Daum SVN notes don't reference what was really incorporated and I can't find the SVN source to read about it.

BTW, thanks!

If I remember correctly the SHARE.EXE emulation is only there to make some programs happy, it doesn't actually do file locking. I don't think Daum's code did anything different.

DOSLIB and DOSLIB2: Learn how to tinker and hack hardware and software from DOS.

Reply 764 of 2397, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
truth5678 wrote:
In ints/xms.h, submit the following change: […]
Show full quote

In ints/xms.h, submit the following change:

-Bitu	XMS_GetHandleInformation(Bitu handle, Bit8u& lockCount, Bit8u& numFree, Bit16u& size);
+Bitu XMS_GetHandleInformation(Bitu handle, Bit8u& lockCount, Bit8u& numFree, Bit32u& size);

😀

Done.

Reply 766 of 2397, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gui55 wrote:

Codeholio, what's the current status of the AWE32 emulation? IIRC you were working on that for DOSBox-X.

Haven't gotten around to that yet. When I have some free time, I will pull the source from pcem and incorporate it, test it against some DOS games that use it, and compare it against some AWE32 and AWE64 cards I have lying around.

Reply 767 of 2397, by truth_deleted

User metadata

I don't know if this would be of interest: Pacific Air War Gold. Both Pacific Air War with the Scenario Add-On and Pacific Air War Gold update the original Pacific Air War to include digital sounds. However, the digital sounds are incompatible with dosbox. I also tested in many scenarios to rule out a simple configuration setting. I think the updated "dsound.ft" driver (and possibly the 1942.EXE binary) is the cause since the original PAW version has a dsound.ft which seems to fix the issue by ignoring digital sound in the updated PAW versions. 😀

Edit: above issue just fixed: Pacific Air War Gold. 😀

Reply 768 of 2397, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I finally have some free time, so I thought I'd make another DOSBox-X testing video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQziosQEIDg

Reply 770 of 2397, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
truth5678 wrote:

The background music, is it jazz music from the 20s? It's time appropriate!

Actually that Norton icon editor looks easier to use than the modern versions. 😀 My only suggestion is to add Flappers to the flick!

I was trying to stick with public domain jazz music to avoid copyright hits on YouTube. Sadly, Youtube seems to confuse the public domain recordings with later versions owned by major labels, so... that didn't work out well.

Reply 774 of 2397, by Gui55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Way to be on top of it truth5678, as usual! 😁

But yeah, I quite agree Codeholio -- Thank-you, thank-you! (I was just starting to get my VS2008 environment up again to begin compiling your new code until it occurred to me you already did! 🤣 )

IE 5.5 SP2

Reply 775 of 2397, by truth_deleted

User metadata

@TheGreatCodeholio

Thank you for the continued work on the FDC! I noted the variables that correspond to the FDC in dosbox.cpp also correspond to the soundblaster section. It created a conflict in mingw, and just in case you noted the same with Visual Studio, here is one possible modification to the dosbox.cpp code:

-		Pint = secprop->Add_int("irq",Property::Changeable::WhenIdle,0/*use FDC default*/);
+ Pint = secprop->Add_int("irqFDC",Property::Changeable::WhenIdle,0/*use FDC default*/);

- Phex = secprop->Add_hex("io",Property::Changeable::WhenIdle,0/*use FDC default*/);
+ Phex = secprop->Add_hex("ioFDC",Property::Changeable::WhenIdle,0/*use FDC default*/);

- Pint = secprop->Add_int("dma",Property::Changeable::WhenIdle,-1/*use FDC default*/);
+ Pint = secprop->Add_int("dmaFDC",Property::Changeable::WhenIdle,-1/*use FDC default*/);

and to the ide.cpp code:

-	i = section->Get_int("irq");
+ i = section->Get_int("irqFDC");

- i = section->Get_int("dma");
+ i = section->Get_int("dmaFDC");

- i = section->Get_hex("io");
+ i = section->Get_hex("ioFDC");

I hope I found all the places where these variables should be corrected, given that this change is truly necessary. 😀

Reply 776 of 2397, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
truth5678 wrote:

@TheGreatCodeholio

Thank you for the continued work on the FDC! I noted the variables that correspond to the FDC in dosbox.cpp also correspond to the soundblaster section. It created a conflict in mingw, and just in case you noted the same with Visual Studio, here is one possible modification to the dosbox.cpp code:
I hope I found all the places where these variables should be corrected, given that this change is truly necessary. 😀

Hm... I'm not really seeing any conflict between the two sections. I thought I made sufficient changes to setup.cpp to allow different sections to have the same variable name so that you could just say "irq=" for each device instead of "sbirq=" vs "gusirq=" vs "ideirq=" and having to remember what each device calls their IRQ assignment.

Reply 778 of 2397, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

You can view and change the value of settings using just the variable name in the internal shell at runtime, so using the same variable name in multiple sections is problematic for that particular feature; but the CONFIG -set/-get syntax includes the section name, so it's not a problem there.

Reply 779 of 2397, by truth_deleted

User metadata

I noted this code in sdl_mapper.cpp from dosbox-x (it is from a joystick patch and it isn't in vanilla dosbox):

for (i=0; i<MAX_VJOY_AXES; i++) {
virtual_joysticks[0].axis_pos[i]=0;
}

Should this code be changed to this? I'm not sure. 😀

for (i=0; i<MAX_VJOY_AXES; i++) {
virtual_joysticks[1].axis_pos[i]=0;
}