VOGONS

First post, by atom1kk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi I have bought a V1 card and this one is getting bit warm. since the card is so old I tghout about give abit chill. now you see my picure from my case.

the V card is the second card from right. then followed is a USB PCI card and the last one is the sound card.

if i move the V1 one slot to the right i think my maincard cooler wont be so effective. so i thought to put out the usb card to put it in between the V1 and my maincard and instead of the usb card to put in this type of blower which would move the warm air out of the V1 chip. what do you think? or do you have better ideas? i do not want to to any modifications on the card.

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited by atom1kk on 2022-10-25, 12:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 6, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you're pressed for space and don't want to modify the card, go for a side mounted PCI fan bracket.

I use one to cool my Voodoo3. You can see a picture at the bottom of this post.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 4 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Voodoo isn't a overly hot card, I think as long as it's getting some airflow over it even if not much things are greatly improved.
I used to hang a small fan off the back of the card using cable tie's into the hole in the corner of the card.

Side-After.jpg

(Different machine but same idea)

Reply 6 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Realistically you should be fine but I agree with your thinking and would run something over the card just to be on the safe side