VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 11721 of 53280, by tikoellner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just arrived: my Pro Audio Spectrum 16 Plus (650-0014). VERY neat condition. No scratches whatsoever, nothing (I wish my CT2760 was so pristine). Just hope it works fine.

I don't actually need it (I am oficially looking for some Roland card, and don't plan push the collection any further), but it was cheap (10 USD equiv shipped - which considering Ebay inflated listings seem fine) and I see that some of the games I play offer native support for these cards. So - why wouldn't I buy it? (yeah, always works that way).

20160425_114152_zpsxtbe9hdo.jpg

Last edited by tikoellner on 2016-04-25, 10:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11722 of 53280, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VooDooMan wrote:

last two months

Well-known table! We saw a lot of video cards on this table here. :)

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 11723 of 53280, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
easy_john wrote:
VooDooMan wrote:

last two months

Well-known table! We saw a lot of video cards on this table here. 😀

Thanks 😉 Yes, it's true - there were a lot of cards on that table but there are STILL LOTS OF MISSING CARDS 😜

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 11724 of 53280, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I (unintentionally) bought this hardware today. It popped up on the eBay thread and I thought I'd give it a shot. My first PC had an Adlib in it, which I sold to someone at school for a tenner when I upgraded to an AWE32. So in the spirit of recreating my first PC, I've been on the lookout for an Adlib or clone. I want expecting to win it and wouldn't have been bothered if i hadn't - my initial bid was purely speculative but became the winning bid. Isn't that always the way - you win the shit you don't really want. Seller's pic attached.

$_3.jpg

First time I've looked at this up close and now I see why it didn't cost me much - this little thing may not even work! I'm wondering whether I try it out in my 386 first or recap first? Plugging it in might kill it but then doing work on it might kill it too. Definitely needs a clean either way - I think the dirt and corrosive elements are cosmetic and even the rust can be fixed. Definitely a restoration project.

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 11725 of 53280, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brassicGamer wrote:

I (unintentionally) bought this hardware today. It popped up on the eBay thread and I thought I'd give it a shot. My first PC had an Adlib in it, which I sold to someone at school for a tenner when I upgraded to an AWE32. So in the spirit of recreating my first PC, I've been on the lookout for an Adlib or clone. I want expecting to win it and wouldn't have been bothered if i hadn't - my initial bid was purely speculative but became the winning bid. Isn't that always the way - you win the shit you don't really want. Seller's pic attached.

$_3.jpg

First time I've looked at this up close and now I see why it didn't cost me much - this little thing may not even work! I'm wondering whether I try it out in my 386 first or recap first? Plugging it in might kill it but then doing work on it might kill it too. Definitely needs a clean either way - I think the dirt and corrosive elements are cosmetic and even the rust can be fixed. Definitely a restoration project.

Boo! You outbid me on that one ... and I didn't wake up to snipe at 3am 😉 good win, I had plans to pop it in a PC1512 or 4386SX, will be interesting to see if it fires up for you! Generally I've found old cards to be fairly hardy, so hopefully under that layer of dust it's all in working order.

Reply 11726 of 53280, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brassicGamer wrote:

$_3.jpg

If you can do a little MacGuyvering, this is what I would do. Get a pot, large enough to submerge the card, by hanging it from some twine or wire, and a wooden dowel or some such thing. Then I would remove all the electrolytic capacitors, and clear the holes of solder, while you're at it. And fill the pot with water, and a good dose of white vinegar. Then bring to a boil and see what happens.

I clean my hot-water maker like this, constantly and it clears it out after a single boil so I imagine it would work on this card, almost immediately.

Reply 11727 of 53280, by rein_ein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Picked this awe32(CT3990) today,just finished tests,yup works well.

7wBAkGYl.jpg

Longass awe32 - obtained
Now time to search some GUS and Adlib

3x5uzq-5.png
4sv43l-5.png

Reply 11728 of 53280, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Logistics wrote:

I clean my hot-water maker like this, constantly and it clears it out after a single boil so I imagine it would work on this card, almost immediately.

That is indeed the approach I'll be taking. May as well document the process for posterity 😀

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 11729 of 53280, by chose007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

That's some nice baller RAM 🤣

kanecvr wrote:

@chose007 - man that ram box is impressive - I should start looking for some fast DDR as well.:

My favourite platform is P4 NW so need hold all top DDR1 ramms 😀

Today I made regroup all my vgas because lost info what Iam owning or not. So all Hercules I found in my garage.

DSCF2891_resize_zpsdidfcxkt.jpg

Calibri-90-YT-banner-resize.jpg * Calibri-90-resize-resize.jpg

Reply 11730 of 53280, by tikoellner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just won this little fella - Hercules Dynamite 128/Video (4mb soldered MOSYS chips). I wanted some nice TSENG ET6000 for some time now. I payed 25USD - guess it's pretty much, considering that the seller does not know if this even works.

6130733528_1_zpsin1teffz.jpg

Back...

6130733528_zpsjskk5v0t.jpg

Reply 11731 of 53280, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hoping one of these pairs will fit my stereo;
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

And I had my eye on this for some time, so I nabbed it while I can;
$_57.JPG

As I plan to mount a regular AT board I will have to do some modifications. I also have plans for the spare buttons and the space the LCD would normally have occupied. If those go to plan, I am sure they will be seen in the future, nothing too crazy.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 11732 of 53280, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HighTreason wrote:

If those go to plan, I am sure they will be seen in the future, nothing too crazy.

To late - the case already took that prize!

Reply 11733 of 53280, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VooDooMan wrote:
http://i.cubeupload.com/PFzeTd.jpg […]
Show full quote

PFzeTd.jpg

This one looks highly unusual, can you share model name?

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 11734 of 53280, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vlask wrote:
VooDooMan wrote:

<snip>

This one looks highly unusual, can you share model name?

It's an ATI Radeon 7500

See Here: http://www.impactcomputers.com/109-88300-00.html

Reply 11735 of 53280, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up the remnants of a little IBM Aptiva tower today. ALI chipset, k6-2 350mhz, matx motherboard with 4mb Rage Pro built in and the ram is already maxed out to 256mb of pc100. The outer shell of the case was crushed and destroyed and the HDD/Cage was missing but whats left works great.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 11736 of 53280, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brassicGamer wrote:

$_3.jpg

I would clean the card, then replacing the caps.. Dust can ruin the card when its electric powered.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 11737 of 53280, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I got lucky with a FREE advert on the local classifieds site and drove half an hour to score a

prodi1.jpg

...well, it's just some 2000s multi-media keyboard with a weird wrist rest right? Why bother?

Actually,

prodi2.jpg

it's a keyboard *and* a keyboard! (Bring on Xzibit.) I've been after one of these for a while and this one is in great shape. The music keys are a little rubbery but the qwerty keys are fine to type on - they won't win over any Model M nuts but I prefer a decent, quiet rubber dome keypad anyway. And the layout is good with full-size L & R shift keys and backslash / backspace in their correct locations.

It's also a neat example of late-model yellowing considering it was made in around 2000. The nearly-as-old Mac keyboard beside it is filthy but is actually white for comparison.

I didn't realize it but this thing does not have a DIN5 connector for the MIDI part, it sends MIDI data down the PS/2 connector and uses a driver. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any DOS support (that is to say, it works fine as a normal alphanumeric keyboard in DOS but not a MIDI keyboard.) But that's just a software problem, I will figure something out. 😎 There are Linux drivers.

...But wait, there's more! I also got this bitching computer chair, which will replace the exceedingly crappy one I've been using until now:

chair.jpg

It's every bit as good as it looks, and now means sitting at my workstation is *more* comfortable than sitting at my kitchen table, so I'll be getting heaps of creative stuff done now. 😎

Pretty damn good for a free haul!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 11738 of 53280, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice. I used to have a Prodikeys DM around 2004-2005. Cool concept, but I never really made use of it so I sold it a couple of years later.

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 11739 of 53280, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ODwilly wrote:

Picked up the remnants of a little IBM Aptiva tower today. ALI chipset, k6-2 350mhz, matx motherboard with 4mb Rage Pro built in and the ram is already maxed out to 256mb of pc100. The outer shell of the case was crushed and destroyed and the HDD/Cage was missing but whats left works great.

I picked up a similar Aptiva system last year IIRC. Worked pretty well for a couple days and then it inexplicably died, so I threw most of it back in the dump. The biggest surprise of that system was the fact that it had a K6-2 450MHz that was underclocked to I think either 350 or 300MHz.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt