VOGONS

Um, what does this Voodoo 2 filter functions do?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by DOSfan1994

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello how are you?

Hope you all have had a great Christmas and break and looking forward for a great New year and all, and I have something about Voodoo 2 I want to talk about.

What is this "Sample Dialog" window for ? Is this from a old Direct 3D Windows game, (If not) Are these Voodoo 2 functions for some certain games that use Direct3D, or is this a option when configuring the Voodoo 2 in Display options on like Windows 95 or Windows 2000?

If you know what this is for and what are it's functions I am interested to know what these controls do.

Attachments

• fswindow.png
    Filename
    fswindow.png
    File size
    13.33 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 6, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GDI was Microsoft's protocol for drawing 2D things like lines, curves, font based text, and other primitives on 2D surfaces. It has been used primarily for Windows 2D screen draw functions approximately forever, although recent Windows versions have somewhat changed in the way that GDI draw calls are handled. It was also prevalent for interfacing printers that didn't have an internal descriptor language like Postscript or PCL.

Apparently the library this is a demonstration of can change it's output target from GDI to another system implementing equivalent functionality.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 6 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ignore this thread.

This post of mine was taken completely out-of-context for yet another blind misinformed dumbassed obfuscated goosechase for a silver bullet for an incompetently put together windowed Direct3d ActiveX VisualBasic excuse of a "game". (whose continual persistence has led to a forum ban elsewhere)

apsosig.png
long live PCem