User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pshipkov wrote on 2020-11-09, 00:26:
Interesting topic. […]
Show full quote

Interesting topic.

I run here 1.06 D03 with ics 9250cf-08 and dual 1000/256/133 slot 1 cpus.
Two mods are applied to the board - one for higher ram voltage and another for addition fsb/pci frequency options.

I have it completely stable at:
- 140mhz FSB and 33.44mhz PCI with 3x256mb ram, it takes the highest quality NEC or Mosel Vitelic chips to get there. There is no way to get 4 dimms 1gb ram working in this configuration.
- 133mhz FSB and 44mhz PCI with 4x256mb ram. In this configuration most pc133 rated dimms will do.
I am not sure if ics 9250 is pin compatible with 9150.
I have vague memories that I looked at this before, while trying to upgrade another p2b-ds 1.04 board to 1.06 standard and it was not possible.

You have a very nice setup there.
Vogons member LeFlash reported a successful transplantation of an ics 9250 here:
Upgraded Asus P2B-D with 133MHz FSB

Reply 22 of 22, by limsolo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Guys,

OK bit of an update. So these Upgradeware Slot-T's (Rev 1.1) are a little flakey, it seems more from a mechanical point of view than electrical. With Tualatin or Coppermine CPU's. KP's in Linux, BeOS, and BSOD in Windows 2000 and it happens with 100Mhz FSB so not overclocked, voltage jumpers are set for the respective CPU type 1.45v or 1.75v and 512mb of ram in two sticks. I have noticed that sometimes if it POSTS with 1 CPU that if I push the slotkets into the sockets then it posts with 2 CPUS for a while and then will post with one CPU, this does not happen with the proper slot 1 700Mhz PIII's I have. It then seems as if the sloket back out slightly

So its as if the slotket is not making perfect contact and that is what is causing the KP's on S370 Coppermine and Tualatin's and also when it posts with 1 CPU. I have a digital vernier and will take some measurements tonight but it seems the slotket does not fit deep enough in the socket so something is bottoming out (either the location notch or the bottom of the slotket PCB is touching the bottom on the groove in the socket.

Are you guys using your rigs on a bench or in a tower case, mine are in a tower case, so next step will be to lie on its side and see if gravity helps with the problem if that is the case then I might see what I can do to the the slotket PCB to fit more/deeper into the socket.

BeBox PPC Dual 133, NeXTCube Turbo - Dimension, NeXTStation Turbo Color, SGI Octane R12k x2 MXE Impact, Alienware 15r3 GTX 1080, MacBook Pro Retina 2012, Macintosh Plus, Macintosh Quadra 840av, Macintosh Quadra 650, Wallstreet 500 (G4), Pismo 550 (G4).