VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 31000 of 52760, by FAMICOMASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Predator99 wrote:

Asked the seller to send me one of these cards for 15€ ... or 20€ with slot bracket. Unfortunately without bracket, but he agreed.
Which card? 😉

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Where is this listing at? I'd definitely give that for what looks to be an 8-bit sound card in the bottom left. My XT is eerily silent.

Reply 31001 of 52760, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FAMICOMASTER wrote:
Predator99 wrote:

Asked the seller to send me one of these cards for 15€ ... or 20€ with slot bracket. Unfortunately without bracket, but he agreed.
Which card? 😉

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Where is this listing at? I'd definitely give that for what looks to be an 8-bit sound card in the bottom left. My XT is eerily silent.

Think/hope Luckybob made a joke :-p You are right, its the Aztech Sound Galaxy BX II - 8bit with OPL2. Didnt want to buy the whole 10kg pile for it...

Reply 31002 of 52760, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Predator99 wrote:

Think/hope Luckybob made a joke :-p You are right, its the Aztech Sound Galaxy BX II - 8bit with OPL2. Didnt want to buy the whole 10kg pile for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svstp1CWuF0

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 31003 of 52760, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These TurboXT systems seem to flock to me recently... This one I bought really cheaply (good stuff - two 360kB FDDs was already removed). Unfortunatelly NiCd battery on RTC card did leaked (as you can see). I don't really expect this motherboard to work.

I bought it mostly for the case. Also the first PC I've touched in my life was a Future Systems AT (back in the 80s) so this brand has a place in my heart...

Attachments

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 31004 of 52760, by FAMICOMASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Jeez, lots of XTs for you lately huh?

I'd be interested in any extras you may come across. Need spare DRAMs and EPROMs, and past that I think they're kinda neat to have.

Reply 31005 of 52760, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FAMICOMASTER wrote:

I'd be interested in any extras you may come across. Need spare DRAMs and EPROMs, and past that I think they're kinda neat to have.

Another one is in the mail right now... I will let you know when I sort out what to keep and what to sell 😀

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 31007 of 52760, by FAMICOMASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
HanJammer wrote:
FAMICOMASTER wrote:

Another one is in the mail right now... I will let you know when I sort out what to keep and what to sell 😀

Nice, post here or shoot me a DM if you remember!

BubbaMc wrote:

Bought a Toshiba Libretto 50ct with heaps of accessories. Will post pics before and after cleaning when I get it 😀

Wow, another Libretto owner? These things are getting popular lately.

Reply 31008 of 52760, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Purchases of the day (seller photos):

- Abit VP6 motherboard (supposedly refurbed by badcaps.net, shown working in the seller photos)
opT9Qzeh.jpg

- Dec (Philips) 8088 motherboard (don't know if working)
Q4EQh1Ch.jpg

- ATI VGA Wonder 16 V5 Rev 2 (EGA + VGA ports and bus mouse, don't know if working, looks like a possible damaged leg on the chipset)
1NPes2Ch.jpg

- Swan XT10 XT Clone Computer Case (very minimal yellowing -- a little retr0brite will make it look perfect)
lwuv0yPh.jpg

Last edited by wiretap on 2019-11-04, 12:44. Edited 1 time in total.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 31009 of 52760, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FAMICOMASTER wrote:
HanJammer wrote:
FAMICOMASTER wrote:

Nice, post here or shoot me a DM if you remember!

I will DM - 'for sale' posts are not really allowed here...

wiretap wrote:

Cool stuff!!! This DEC/Philips 8088 motherboard especially!

Also another XT arrived today... case is in pretty bad shape, but internals are fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_132351.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20191104_132351.jpg
    File size
    836.15 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_20191104_132148.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20191104_132148.jpg
    File size
    508.37 KiB
    Views
    File license
Last edited by HanJammer on 2019-11-04, 12:31. Edited 1 time in total.

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 31010 of 52760, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@HanJammer, you live in a dream world by my standards. Oh my...

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 31012 of 52760, by RetroPC_King

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello fellow VOGONS! This is what I received from a friend. I show you a picture:
Left of the row of video cards: Samsung SpinPoint P80 160GB HD160JJ SATA2
Top row of video cards:
-Palit NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X 64MB AGP8X with VGA, TV-OUT with RCA and S-Video TV-OUT
-Club3D NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP8X with VGA, S-Video TV-OUT and DVI-I
Middle row:
-Unknown brand NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 32MB AGP4X with VGA
-Bonus:A C-Media CMI8738 PCI sound card (is not a video card, just rather a bonus)
Bottom row:
-ASUS V9180SE Rev1.00 (NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X) 64MB AGP8X with VGA, TV-OUT with RCA and S-Video TV-OUT for PAL
-Sapphire Atlantis ATI Radeon 9200SE 64MB AGP8X with VGA, TV-OUT with RCA and S-Video TV-OUT. Cool feature: it has a jumper to select for NTSC and PAL. I set it to PAL.
P.S.: I Don't sell anything! Anything I receive I collect it!

Attachments

• PIC_0010.JPG
    Filename
    PIC_0010.JPG
    File size
    500 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 31013 of 52760, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
wiretap wrote:
Purchases of the day (seller photos): - Dec (Philips) 8088 motherboard (don't know if working) https://imgur.com/Q4EQh1Ch.jpg […]
Show full quote

Q4EQh1Ch.jpg

Nice XT board...where do they all come from at the moment..?
Re: What retro activity did you get up to today?
Re: XT BIOS image collection

Try to get it running!

In the mean time I have 2 of mine repaired and can say that these boards are great. I equipped with a ET4000, CT1350B and CF-card with XT-IDE and its really fun. The onboard-floppy is usable, but not the IDE-port. Playing Commander Keen in 10 MHz mode is very smooth and close to a 12MHz 286!

Good to know- Turbo-Mode:
Ctrl-Alt-DEL: Boot 10 MHz
Ctrl-Alt-INS: Boot 4,77 MHz
ALT-Shift-Shift: Switch Speed

Reply 31014 of 52760, by FAMICOMASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm going to guess that some company is finally dumping it's warehouses or old computers online and people are just grabbing them while they can.

Maybe it has something to do with the unfortunate passing of the owner of Computer Reset in Texas?

Reply 31015 of 52760, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Predator99 wrote:
Nice XT board...where do they all come from at the moment..? Re: What retro activity did you get up to today? Re: XT BIOS image […]
Show full quote
wiretap wrote:
Purchases of the day (seller photos): - Dec (Philips) 8088 motherboard (don't know if working) https://imgur.com/Q4EQh1Ch.jpg […]
Show full quote

Q4EQh1Ch.jpg

Nice XT board...where do they all come from at the moment..?
Re: What retro activity did you get up to today?
Re: XT BIOS image collection

Try to get it running!

In the mean time I have 2 of mine repaired and can say that these boards are great. I equipped with a ET4000, CT1350B and CF-card with XT-IDE and its really fun. The onboard-floppy is usable, but not the IDE-port. Playing Commander Keen in 10 MHz mode is very smooth and close to a 12MHz 286!

Good to know- Turbo-Mode:
Ctrl-Alt-DEL: Boot 10 MHz
Ctrl-Alt-INS: Boot 4,77 MHz
ALT-Shift-Shift: Switch Speed

Thanks. I had read those posts after I purchased. I gave an offer of $20 on Ebay and the seller accepted, so hopefully I'll be able to get the board working. I do have a chip programmer, so that helps.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 31016 of 52760, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I thought I stopped buying sound cards, but here it was, a Terratec ISA card.. So I grabbed it for a lowball offer:

Terratec Gold 16-96.jpg
Filename
Terratec Gold 16-96.jpg
File size
280.92 KiB
Views
File license

It obviously needs repairs; the bracket needs to be replaced, it lacks one of the audio jacks and one of the headers is messed up but these are not stuff I can't really fix or replace. The headers are super easy, I have extra jacks to replace the one missing and the bracket I can easily drill and cut from a 3D printed ISA Keystone.

I used to own one of these back in the day and it was amazing.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 31017 of 52760, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've received my Panasonic PCMCIA FM radio today. Model number CF-JVR101. It's a 16-bit card, so works on old computers.
And the collest thing is that it turned out that it has drivers for DOS! SS and CS are required to work properly.There are also drivers for W3.1 and W95.
The interface of the software is messed up as it's in japaneese, but works fine. It can output sound via built in speaker. Another cool feature is that the program works as TSR, i.e. one can exit to DOS and keep listening to the radio. The card comes with active antenna. Here are some pics.

IMG-1118.jpg IMG-1117.jpg

Last edited by Bondi on 2019-11-05, 09:22. Edited 1 time in total.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 31018 of 52760, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
appiah4 wrote:
I thought I stopped buying sound cards, but here it was, a Terratec ISA card.. So I grabbed it for a lowball offer: […]
Show full quote

I thought I stopped buying sound cards, but here it was, a Terratec ISA card.. So I grabbed it for a lowball offer:

Terratec Gold 16-96.jpg

It obviously needs repairs; the bracket needs to be replaced, it lacks one of the audio jacks and one of the headers is messed up but these are not stuff I can't really fix or replace. The headers are super easy, I have extra jacks to replace the one missing and the bracket I can easily drill and cut from a 3D printed ISA Keystone.

I used to own one of these back in the day and it was amazing.

Oh yes. Terratec's low-end cards were a very good example of how even little-loved chipsets could shine if a vendor took the trouble to implement them on a good PCB. I have two Terratec Promedia Base-1 cards. Their AD1816AJS chipsets still suck in FM (no amount of PCB engineering can fix that), but the SNR on the boards is fabulous, and even remains acceptable when you enable the built-in headphone/speaker amp. I'd love to get my hands on one of their ESS or Crystal designs 😀

Reply 31019 of 52760, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Found this Kyro PCI mislabeled on eBay and I couldn't let it go. Fortunately, since it was mislabeled, not many interest went into it, and I got it for really good price.

PVR_4000_PCI.jpg

Last edited by Srandista on 2021-01-30, 22:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98