Bought these (retro) hardware today

Discussion about old PC hardware.

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby ShovelKnight » 2019-9-11 @ 13:50

I like NetVistas as well, in fact I plan to build a modern PC in a NetVista case (it's standard mATX)
ShovelKnight
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 2019-4-04 @ 19:00

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby oeuvre » 2019-9-11 @ 14:07

I've done that and it's an excellent idea. If you get an SFX PSU you won't even have to modify anything whatsoever.
Retro PC Intel i7 2600, 16GB, AMD FirePro V5800 1GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
Main Desktop Intel 6700, 32GB, AMD RX580 8GB, NVMe SSD + HD, 10
Image
User avatar
oeuvre
l33t
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2015-3-31 @ 13:31
Location: USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby CrFr » 2019-9-11 @ 14:19

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night after butchering perfectly good classic computer :lol:
User avatar
CrFr
Newbie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 2019-7-17 @ 06:41
Location: Finland

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby ShovelKnight » 2019-9-11 @ 14:21

CrFr wrote:I wouldn't be able to sleep at night after butchering perfectly good classic computer :lol:


Nah, Pentium 4 is crap and should burn in hell, those cases are far too well-built to house a miserable P4 system.
ShovelKnight
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 2019-4-04 @ 19:00

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby oeuvre » 2019-9-11 @ 14:22

It helps if you know people who want the old parts. I never toss those out
Retro PC Intel i7 2600, 16GB, AMD FirePro V5800 1GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
Main Desktop Intel 6700, 32GB, AMD RX580 8GB, NVMe SSD + HD, 10
Image
User avatar
oeuvre
l33t
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2015-3-31 @ 13:31
Location: USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby CrFr » 2019-9-11 @ 14:30

ShovelKnight wrote:
CrFr wrote:I wouldn't be able to sleep at night after butchering perfectly good classic computer :lol:


Nah, Pentium 4 is crap and should burn in hell, those cases are far too well-built to house a miserable P4 system.


That Netvista in question is Pentium III.
User avatar
CrFr
Newbie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 2019-7-17 @ 06:41
Location: Finland

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Mumak » 2019-9-11 @ 14:37

To prove that I haven't joined here just for fun (and to test HWiNFO), I just bough this new toy :D

Image

Now need to grab lot of auxiliary stuff to get it working...
User avatar
Mumak
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 2019-9-05 @ 21:39

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby ShovelKnight » 2019-9-11 @ 14:39

CrFr wrote:That Netvista in question is Pentium III.


They came in both PIII and P4 flavours, the cases are identical.
ShovelKnight
Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 2019-4-04 @ 19:00

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby imi » 2019-9-11 @ 14:42

Mumak wrote:To prove that I haven't joined here just for fun (and to test HWiNFO), I just bough this new toy :D


I think I'm seeing double :D
User avatar
imi
Member
 
Posts: 193
Joined: 2019-6-16 @ 13:46
Location: europe

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Windows9566 » 2019-9-11 @ 19:57

imi wrote:
Mumak wrote:To prove that I haven't joined here just for fun (and to test HWiNFO), I just bough this new toy :D


I think I'm seeing double :D


dual pentium 90 mhz goldcap CPUs, IDK if they have the FDIV bug or not.
1995-Advanced/ML,P100,32MB-RAM,CL-GD5446,CT1740,WFWG-3.11/DOS-6.22
1996-VX97,P133,32MB-RAM,TRIO-64V+,CT1740,Win95-OSR2.1
2009-M2N68-AM-Plus,Athlon-64-X2-5600+,2GB-RAM,GTS-450,WinXP-Pro
2017-ROG-B450F,R5-1600,16GB-RAM,GTX-1060,Win10-Home
User avatar
Windows9566
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: 2015-4-30 @ 14:55

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby mpe » 2019-9-11 @ 20:06

Windows9566 wrote:
dual pentium 90 mhz goldcap CPUs, IDK if they have the FDIV bug or not.


Nice one. The one of the left looks like SX957 (no FDIV bug). Can't read the other one.
mpe
Newbie
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 2018-6-12 @ 21:19

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby H3nrik V! » 2019-9-11 @ 20:26

Mumak wrote:To prove that I haven't joined here just for fun (and to test HWiNFO), I just bough this new toy :D

Image

Now need to grab lot of auxiliary stuff to get it working...


Beauty, beauty, beauty! Just loving all dual socketed boards, and the gold tops only adds to the beauty!
H3nrik V!
Newbie
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 2019-3-25 @ 16:00
Location: Denmark, Naestved

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Windows9566 » 2019-9-11 @ 20:35

mpe wrote:
Windows9566 wrote:
dual pentium 90 mhz goldcap CPUs, IDK if they have the FDIV bug or not.


Nice one. The one of the left looks like SX957 (no FDIV bug). Can't read the other one.


I have Pentium 90 CPUs too but unfortunately they're the ceramic versions. but fortunately, neither of them have the FDIV bug.
1995-Advanced/ML,P100,32MB-RAM,CL-GD5446,CT1740,WFWG-3.11/DOS-6.22
1996-VX97,P133,32MB-RAM,TRIO-64V+,CT1740,Win95-OSR2.1
2009-M2N68-AM-Plus,Athlon-64-X2-5600+,2GB-RAM,GTS-450,WinXP-Pro
2017-ROG-B450F,R5-1600,16GB-RAM,GTX-1060,Win10-Home
User avatar
Windows9566
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: 2015-4-30 @ 14:55

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Mumak » 2019-9-11 @ 21:07

I had a dual P-III (Slot1) system in the past. Now I regret so much of letting it go off...
User avatar
Mumak
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 2019-9-05 @ 21:39

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby jheronimus » 2019-9-11 @ 23:25

Got a cheap Pentium III 1100 for a 100 MHz FSB today.

Image

Thing is, I've been looking for a 1GHz/100 Slot 1 CPU for my beloved 440BX system (in my signature) with no luck and this chip is even better. The only thing left now is to find a proper Slotket adapter. I have this one:

Image

But I assume it's only good for Mendocino Celerons. I can't identify this model for sure, but it looks like it simply doesn't have enough jumpers.
Pentium III 800, 512 MB RAM, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, SB Live 5.1 Platinum, SB AWE32 CT3990, Gravis Ultrasound Max rev 2.1
User avatar
jheronimus
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: 2015-12-10 @ 00:09
Location: Moscow

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby H3nrik V! » 2019-9-12 @ 06:00

Mumak wrote:I had a dual P-III (Slot1) system in the past. Now I regret so much of letting it go off...

Yeah, I understand that one .. I had a dual P133 (CPUs on some daughter board) which I also regret not having any more .. So will never let another dual socketed board go again, which is why I own 2 ABiT BP6's :cool:
H3nrik V!
Newbie
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 2019-3-25 @ 16:00
Location: Denmark, Naestved

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby MKT_Gundam » 2019-9-12 @ 10:47

jheronimus wrote:Got a cheap Pentium III 1100 for a 100 MHz FSB today.

Image

Thing is, I've been looking for a 1GHz/100 Slot 1 CPU for my beloved 440BX system (in my signature) with no luck and this chip is even better. The only thing left now is to find a proper Slotket adapter. I have this one:

Image

But I assume it's only good for Mendocino Celerons. I can't identify this model for sure, but it looks like it simply doesn't have enough jumpers.

I have one similar but mina has 2 jumper? 1 for 133/100 mHz FSb and Overclock (forcing the fsb)
User avatar
MKT_Gundam
Member
 
Posts: 194
Joined: 2017-11-01 @ 00:52

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Vynix » 2019-9-12 @ 11:23

8) Just bought a Pentium 233 MMX (the ultimate Pentium 1), all of that for 12€ :cool: (6€ for the CPU, and another 6€ for shipping ._.)
User avatar
Vynix
Member
 
Posts: 141
Joined: 2018-12-11 @ 11:06
Location: France

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby imi » 2019-9-12 @ 11:24

I think I've got enough from scrap boxes for a while now... got burnt two times in a row now... things just loosely thrown into a way too big box, if it wasn't visibly broken on the original picture, it sure was after shipping... what's left is a pile of broken off caps, ram clips, scratched and bent PCBs, dented card slots...

also got an old passively cooled SFF PC, heatsink-case bent... and a caddy CD-Rom, bezel broken... I've been pushing my luck lately I guess.
User avatar
imi
Member
 
Posts: 193
Joined: 2019-6-16 @ 13:46
Location: europe

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby blurks » 2019-9-12 @ 11:35

Not really retro, not really modern either...

Creative Labs 3D Blaster 5 FX5600 XT

1.jpg

2.jpg
User avatar
blurks
Member
 
Posts: 496
Joined: 2017-1-14 @ 21:49

PreviousNext

Return to General Old Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests