Reply 40 of 52, by Rawit
Recently I found another tool to set Cyrix registers with, I attached it here. Currently using it with my GX1 and with success. The GX1/MediaGXm has a different register layout so most tools don't work so well.
Few things I've noticed so far:
- FP_FAST seems to give the biggest increase in performance;
- MMX is disabled by default on my machine (or is extended MMX something different?);
- A lot of registers were already optimal (LSSR, MEM_BYP, DTE_EN);
- BTB seems to work when EMM386 is not loaded. With EMM386 and BTB Blood hangs during demo mode almost always at the same spot. Quake sometimes won't run or crash;
- BTB does do +3 frames extra in Quake with no EMM386 running;
- Need to double check but it seems one of the registers causes the timing in Into The Shadows demo by Triton to be off;
Still need to look at CR0 - NW and CD, as WT1 doesn't seem to have any effect.
My build: Speedsys