VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 1461 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You cannot change a file once uploaded, you can only edit the picture, description, and category. Include in the zip any texts, docs or pictures . Zip it up with 7zip or winzip.
Include a picture of the device or the disks if possible (only need be 800x800 pixels +/- .JPG) and Give a small description...
You can look at some of the other library posts to see what others have done....That is all I can think of.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1462 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uploaded my collection of Reveal sound card drivers. There are a few bad files but also some work arounds....http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 3&menustate=0,0
Due to recent circumstances will be trying to catch up and upload a bunch more..as time allows..

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1463 of 1466, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Horun wrote on 2024-03-26, 02:04:

You cannot change a file once uploaded, you can only edit the picture, description, and category. Include in the zip any texts, docs or pictures . Zip it up with 7zip or winzip.
Include a picture of the device or the disks if possible (only need be 800x800 pixels +/- .JPG) and Give a small description...
You can look at some of the other library posts to see what others have done....That is all I can think of.

Its a feature I've requested before. If you have a driver compilation which needs updating and you have good reasons, then Squallstrife can do it behind the scenes, atleast he did for me for the PowerVR driver compilation.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1464 of 1466, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, I got bored.
Installed 3.11 on Vmware, found out that there's a patching tool for the SVGA driver, figured that was a bit of a pain for your average pleb, bundled the patched driver with an inf file so your average joe can install it like a normal driver.
The main feature is simply that because it is renamed, and has a different name in the inf which clearly defines it as a vmware patched driver, it doesn't interfere with the standard drivers if for whatever reason that is an issue.

I... don't think a patched standard driver would be considered naughty, so here it is.
One thing I don't understand is that it works perfectly WITHOUT network, but goes haywire when the network is enabled.
I didn't make the patch, so I have no idea why this could be except possibly resource conflicts. I'll see if I can figure it out, but for now you've been warned.

Kinda curious how many people care if any.

Attachments

• Filename
    Win311 VMWARE SVGA Patched.zip
    File size
    41.86 KiB
    Downloads
    4 downloads
    File comment
    Win311 VMWARE SVGA PATCHED
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Things I built:
Mechwarrior 2 installer for Windows 10/11 Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11 auto-install iso template (for vmware)

Reply 1465 of 1466, by myne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's another couple of utils that would be useful to add.
CD-Open, cd-close (msdos)

Shamelessly created from instructions here:
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.msdos.batch/c … 1WuHhR38A?pli=1

DONALD G. DAVIS wrote:
> >> I wrote a tiny DOS program that will open/close CD-ROM trays by
> >> drive letter, from the command line or batch file. It's fully
> >> functional under MS-DOS and Win9x, but only the "open" function works
> >> under NT/2000/ XP. It's not on Internet sites, but I'll e-mail copies
> >> on request. A Web search will locate several other similar programs.

Here is a (similar?) program (2 actually). I have only one
CD-ROM drive so I don't know how this will work with multiple
drives.

:: cd-opcl.bat
@echo off
if "%1"=="1" goto close
if "%1"=="0" goto open
echo. Syntax: %0 0³1
echo. opens or closes cd-rom tray
echo. 0 (zero) to open, 1 (one) to close
goto end

:open cdtray
echo:`h}aXP5y`P]4nP_XW(F4(F6(F=(FF)FH(FL(Fe(FR0FTs*}`A?+,>%temp%.\cd-open.com
echo:fkOU):G*@Crv,*t$HU[rlf~#IubfRfXf(V#fj}fX4{PY$@fPfZsZ$:K68$.>>%temp%.\cd-open.com
echo:.T]6KRw'RmSf/*VtTZ$K+}n\I/~{R'K*X{/wW$Q3;[5:Jl.oh_fRW'[g9'e>>%temp%.\cd-open.com
echo:0sum5FrT_0rLen$'?qN$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$F7{{/t$fJb$$/)e#>>%temp%.\cd-open.com
for %%c in (call del) do %%c %temp%.\cd-open.com
goto end

:close cdtray
echo:`h}aXP5y`P]4nP_XW(F4(F6(F=(FF)FH(FL(Fe(FR0FTs*}`A?+,>%temp%.\cd-close.com
echo:fkOU):G*@Crv,*t$HU[rlf~#IubfRfXf(V#fj}fX4{PY$@fPfZsZ$:K68$.>>%temp%.\cd-close.com
echo:.T]6KRw'RmSf/*VtTZ$K+}n\I/~{R'K*X{/wW$Q3;[5:Jl.oh_fRW'[g9'e>>%temp%.\cd-close.com
echo:0sum5FrT_0rLen$'?qN$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$F8SC4t$fJb$$/)e#>>%temp%.\cd-close.com
for %%c in (call del) do %%c %temp%.\cd-close.com
:end

Attachments

• Filename
    CDopenClose.zip
    File size
    632 Bytes
    Downloads
    4 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Things I built:
Mechwarrior 2 installer for Windows 10/11 Re: A comprehensive guide to install and play MechWarrior 2 on new versions on Windows.
Dos+Windows 3.11 auto-install iso template (for vmware)

Reply 1466 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote on 2024-04-02, 07:08:
Horun wrote on 2024-03-26, 02:04:

Its a feature I've requested before. If you have a driver compilation which needs updating and you have good reasons, then Squallstrife can do it behind the scenes, atleast he did for me for the PowerVR driver compilation.

^^^ This is the best way to do it, presently.

Also, regarding viruses/malware/trojans/etc in the files in the archive: if anybody wishes to bring these to my attention, please do.

However:
1. It's better to post the information in this thread, where multiple people can see and potentially validate the report. Most "infections" I've investigated have been false-positives.
2. At the very least, please include: A link to the download on the site, the name of the infected file within the ZIP/RAR/etc if applicable, and the name of the alleged virus.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread