VOGONS

First post, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So the card does not have a manufacuter stamped anywhere. The only identifiable marks are CGTS2 ver1.0 and 64M.
The chip is marked gforce2GTS Pro.
The memory is Samsung. Most screenshots of geforce2GTS card seem to not use Samsung.
It has 64MB of memory.
On boot, it shows as a Geforce2 Pro VGA BIOS.
I used TechPowerUp GPU-Z which really just states it is an NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro
The memory clock throws me off a bit. According to GPU-Z it is ~180MHz (DDR). From what I've seen, a GTS is 166MHz and a GTS Pro runs at 200MHz. Modern cards throttle memory speed but I don't think older cards did. I'm wondering it this card does and boost up to 200 when gaming (I'll test that later).

From what little information I can find, it might be a PowerColor. I cannot find any reviews that covered PowerColor. What screenshots I have found are fuzzy or don't fully show the card. Also, unless the memory does throttle, I'm thinking it is either a overclocked GF2 GTS or an underclocked GF2 GTS Pro.

I've attached some screenshots.

Thanks for any help!

GF-GTS-1.jpg
Filename
GF-GTS-1.jpg
File size
94.8 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
GF-GTS-5.jpg
Filename
GF-GTS-5.jpg
File size
40.27 KiB
Views
File license
IMG_5630.JPG
Filename
IMG_5630.JPG
File size
2.06 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_5645.JPG
Filename
IMG_5645.JPG
File size
2.09 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_5646.JPG
Filename
IMG_5646.JPG
File size
2.57 MiB
Views
File license

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 1 of 7, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

(just needed two more files)

IMG_5647.JPG
Filename
IMG_5647.JPG
File size
2.61 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_5652.JPG
Filename
IMG_5652.JPG
File size
2.46 MiB
Views
File license

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 3 of 7, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GiSWiG wrote:

The memory clock throws me off a bit. According to GPU-Z it is ~180MHz (DDR). From what I've seen, a GTS is 166MHz and a GTS Pro runs at 200MHz. Modern cards throttle memory speed but I don't think older cards did. I'm wondering it this card does and boost up to 200 when gaming (I'll test that later).

I have a GF2GTS as well, and the control panel allows you to change GPU and memory speeds on-the-fly (you need to install the NV 'Coolbits' registry patch to enable this). So theoretically it could throttle, but afaik the driver did not do this.
It does have separate 2D and 3D settings though, iirc.

However, you can reprogram the BIOS to custom GPU and memory speeds, so it could be that this is some kind of OEM model with lower clocked memory.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 4 of 7, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah it is a weird one. It is a real gts/pro as it sits right in the middle when it comes to memory speed and clockspeeds of the gpu are 200mhz for both and they both use the gts core.

It says pro at post and it has a stamp on the pcb that says ''pro'' so it is at best a downclocked pro 🤣

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 6 of 7, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kanecvr wrote:

It's either a Inno3D or Leadtek GF2 GTS for OEMs.

From what I did find, anything Inno3D had Inno3D stamped in the upper-right corner. The Inno3D's have the same separate PCB for the S-Video port. Leadtek's seem to have a completely different style cooler on its GTS/Pro variants, most where the fan is not directly over the chip.

I think it is a PowerColor. I found a listing on electromyne's website. It doesn't have any specs listed:
http://www.electromyne.de/Graphics-Cards-AGP- … ---B-Stock.html

Reply 7 of 7, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Leadtek had lots of fan designs installed on their GTS/PRO line - 3 types to be precise. And the only GTS with 366MHz (183 DDR) ram I know of is OEM Leadtek used by some east european PC builders back in the day.