VOGONS

First post, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey all,
I just wanted to share with you this "alien" on this Radeon X1300 Pro, found on a local second-hand stuff website.
Might purchase it just for the "art". It is so stupid and so cute at the same, I find it hilarious xD
I miss stuff like this from the mid '00...

on this one he is staring at something on his hand (earth?) :
351078785420436.jpg

here it seems happy (why though? 😜) :
351078785421619.jpg

same as the box but on the heatsink:
351078785422413.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Reply 1 of 7, by VioletGiraffe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember Radeon cards habitually featuring art that was outstandingly odd. Nice find here!
P. S. Discussing Radeon X1XXX series cards in the retro hardware section really makes me feel old 😀

Reply 2 of 7, by DNSDies

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VioletGiraffe wrote:

I remember Radeon cards habitually featuring art that was outstandingly odd. Nice find here!
P. S. Discussing Radeon X1XXX series cards in the retro hardware section really makes me feel old 😀

We're almost on Gen 4 PCIe now...
AGP is a Great Great Grandpa now.

Maybe even...
Advanced GrandPa

Reply 4 of 7, by svfn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Funny how sad (or worried?) alien was used on the front and the card, but the happy one takes a backseat.

SS7: K6-2/350 | FIC PA-2013 2.1 | 32MB PC-100 | 3dfx V3 2000 AGP | AWE64 CT4520 | Win98SE
On MobyGames

Reply 6 of 7, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
svfn wrote:

Funny how sad (or worried?) alien was used on the front and the card, but the happy one takes a backseat.

I guess he was concerned about the card winning enough awards to cover his alien privacy.

Reply 7 of 7, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The OP's picture is indeed weird/cute IMHO.
Man, I wish I could contribute something here, but sadly skipped about everything past the Pentium III times.
If you showed me something "oldschool" from circa 2005 and pretended it to be new, I'd likely believe it at first glance. 😅

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//