VOGONS

First post, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi All,

Anyone know of a data sheet for slot-2 connectors (the connector, that the Slot-2 Xeon goes in) ? I'd like to make a 3D model of it to keep a couple of Xeons in a display case.

If not, would anyone mind measuring one? 😀

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 2 of 4, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
computerguy08 wrote on 2020-11-16, 15:00:

I think it would be easier to measure the CPU contact itself. You'll likely need to make a few test pieces to get the gap right anyways.

True that, I've also found the datasheet for the actual processor with those dimensions, but would be kinda fun to ensure that what I mount it in, would look like a real slot-2 slot .. 😀

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
H3nrik V! wrote on 2020-11-16, 15:32:

I think it would be easier to measure the CPU contact itself. You'll likely need to make a few test pieces to get the gap right anyways.

True that, I've also found the datasheet for the actual processor with those dimensions, but would be kinda fun to ensure that what I mount it in, would look like a real slot-2 slot .. 😀

http://db.zmitac.aei.polsl.pl/Electronics_Fir … gd/24442801.pdf

Reply 4 of 4, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2020-11-16, 21:50:
H3nrik V! wrote on 2020-11-16, 15:32:

http://db.zmitac.aei.polsl.pl/Electronics_Fir … gd/24442801.pdf

That's perfect, thanks!