VOGONS

First post, by Per

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In hinsight, I should have removed that battery years ago. On the other hand after a vinegar wash, solder mask held up allright, damages doesn't seem too bad, and looks quite fixable if I can get hold of the resistance values of the missing resistors.

If anyone has a similar board, I would be really happy if you could check up the resistor-values of R40-R46 for me.

A bit more info on the board, it's from an AT&T first generation Pentium (60MHz) machine, and seems like the board is named "PB5500C". It has an OPTi "Premium" 82C596/597 chipset.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 9, by PD2JK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are the contacts of those missing resistors 'too clean'? Could be that those weren't soldered in the first place.

Nice board, socket 4 boards are quite rare.

i386 16 ⇒ i486 DX4 100 ⇒ Pentium MMX 200 ⇒ Athlon Orion 700 | TB 1000 ⇒ AthlonXP 1700+ ⇒ Opteron 165 ⇒ Dual Opteron 856

Reply 3 of 9, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can you post whatever comes after 411-6??4-????-???? please? I think this is a MiTAC board but it's possible it was never sold as retail, only inside a Compaq/HP machine possibly. For that I'd need the 411 <something> number.

Reply 9 of 9, by Per

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
quicknick wrote on 2020-12-27, 23:42:

Strange to see such damage so remote from the battery. Should be much worse near it. Or maybe something else was spilled between those ISA slots...

It was an external 3.6v litium battery which was stored still connected, laying on top of the motherboard. I was not aware external batteries like that could leak through the plastic enclosure at the time it was put into storage.