VOGONS

Reply 20 of 26, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
red-ray wrote on 2021-02-08, 18:02:
Thank you, I have replied to your PM. It looks like your board also has the ACPI Timer running at double the speed it should wit […]
Show full quote
weedeewee wrote on 2021-02-08, 16:37:

done, sent you a private msg with the output from save all attached.

Thank you, I have replied to your PM. It looks like your board also has the ACPI Timer running at double the speed it should with rather surprised me. I wonder if this is a general issue with boards that use the ALi chipset.

I am also now 100% sure it's not as SIV issue as I just tested a fixed CPUZ that now reports the ACPI timer on it's Timers panel and it also shows the issue.

I will adjust the sensor reporting for your P5A to make the -48°C go away and correct the fan names for SIV 5.56 Beta-04.

-48°C wow, hadn't noticed. I reinstalled XP with the ACPI hal . results for the ACPI timer are the same

edit: Oh almost forgot, just an fyi. the bios also reports the -5v line. It started complaining about it because I hooked up a newer ATX supply which is missing that line.

Attachments

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 21 of 26, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
weedeewee wrote on 2021-02-08, 18:24:

The bios also reports the -5v line.

Thank you, [Save Local] is all I need, [Save Extra] also includes the local network, but given all the panels say No Systems Enumerate for WORKGROUP I guess you don't save one setup.

With the ACPI HAL there is no real difference. If you check Menu->Hardware->Sensor Debug then there should be SIO -5 which reports at around -0.072, as it's almost zero SIV deduced an ATX PSU was being used and decided not to report -0.07 on the initial screen. I could force it to be there, do you feel I should ?

Reply 22 of 26, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
red-ray wrote on 2021-02-08, 19:11:

With the ACPI HAL there is no real difference. If you check Menu->Hardware->Sensor Debug then there should be SIO -5 which reports at around -0.072, as it's almost zero SIV deduced an ATX PSU was being used and decided not to report -0.07 on the initial screen. I could force it to be there, do you feel I should ?

Nope, I set it to ignore in the bios, since there was no need for -5v anyway.
This whole setup was just assembled to run your program and give you the data. If there's no more need for it, i'll just disassemble it and put all the parts back in storage.

unless... Should I test with an older ATX supply which does have the -5v line to verify the sensor output is working ?

Do not ask Why !

Reply 23 of 26, by red-ray

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
weedeewee wrote on 2021-02-08, 19:16:

Should I test with an older ATX supply which does have the -5v line to verify the sensor output is working ?

No, I am pretty sure SIV will report -5 if it's there as it does on a few of my systems. I did notice the SMBIOS is a bit wonky reports the version as "1011 Beta 004 \r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r\r" so I adjusted the attached SIV32X 5.56 Tidy-04 to tidy things up. Please may I have new [Save Local] files so I can check?

It should also remove the -48°C and get the fan names correct.

Last edited by red-ray on 2021-02-08, 20:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 24 of 26, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
red-ray wrote on 2021-02-08, 19:53:

It should also remove the -48°C and get the fan names correct.

Check. here you go.

Attachments

• Filename
    asus-p5a-acpi-tidy.zip
    File size
    152.83 KiB
    Downloads
    33 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Do not ask Why !

Reply 26 of 26, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'll test it out on some more boards and send you the results.

Do not ask Why !