VOGONS

First post, by LieboOSBA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Following on from a different thread, my Packard Bell iConnect uses a Houston4 motherboard.

I suspect it would be Windows 98 or even Windows Me given its age is around 1999-2000.

I was wondering if anyone has the recovery media for such a system? If so, can you provide a link or maybe upload it to archive.org please? I can only find one similar in Dutch, but I would prefer one in English please.

LBX Computers

Reply 2 of 9, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Green iConnect? Then it's an eMove series system with WinME, from late 2000 or 2001.

You need a 3-CD Master CD set for it, and it needs to be newer than your system (although with Houston motherboard any eMove set should be OK). Don't have it though, I'm afraid, and I'm not sure I'd be allowed to share it if I did.

Reply 3 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Was this the 3 CDs that looked like they had a first aid logo look-alike on the disk and were these 3 disks each a different color?
Though even if I still have them, these were most likely also the Dutch version. Or perhaps I'm mixing something up here now, I always found those days of royalty OEM install media rather confusing (except for the Fujitsu Siemens ones, I always liked their XP-era install disks).

It would perhaps be a better idea to use a generic Windows install from a standard 98SE or ME install disk.
It should work just fine. Pre-WinXP doesn't require any activation either and generic drivers should also work.
Or is wanting the original royalty OEM disks part of the retro experience you are seeking?

Btw, may I ask you if you could please edit your last reply in this thread you linked to earlier and edit (not post a new reply but edit the existing reply so it doesn't get bumped) it by adding a link to this thread?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 9, by LieboOSBA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tetrium wrote on 2022-05-31, 15:11:
Was this the 3 CDs that looked like they had a first aid logo look-alike on the disk and were these 3 disks each a different col […]
Show full quote

Was this the 3 CDs that looked like they had a first aid logo look-alike on the disk and were these 3 disks each a different color?
Though even if I still have them, these were most likely also the Dutch version. Or perhaps I'm mixing something up here now, I always found those days of royalty OEM install media rather confusing (except for the Fujitsu Siemens ones, I always liked their XP-era install disks).

It would perhaps be a better idea to use a generic Windows install from a standard 98SE or ME install disk.
It should work just fine. Pre-WinXP doesn't require any activation either and generic drivers should also work.
Or is wanting the original royalty OEM disks part of the retro experience you are seeking?

Btw, may I ask you if you could please edit your last reply in this thread you linked to earlier and edit (not post a new reply but edit the existing reply so it doesn't get bumped) it by adding a link to this thread?

Yes I am looking for the 3 CD set, in English as part of the Retro experience I am seeking.

I've edited my last post to link back to this thread too, thanks.

LBX Computers

Reply 5 of 9, by BomfunkAnDs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did you ever find them?

LieboOSBA wrote on 2022-06-10, 21:42:
Was this the 3 CDs that looked like they had a first aid logo look-alike on the disk and were these 3 disks each a different col […]
Show full quote

Yes I am looking for the 3 CD set, in English as part of the Retro experience I am seeking.

Reply 6 of 9, by LieboOSBA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No I didn’t unfortunately

BomfunkAnDs wrote on 2023-02-27, 15:49:

Did you ever find them?

Show full quote

Did you ever find them?

Show full quote

LBX Computers

Reply 7 of 9, by BomfunkAnDs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
LieboOSBA wrote on 2023-02-27, 18:34:

No I didn’t unfortunately

Did you ever find them?

Did you ever find them?

I will keep my eye out for them too and let you know if I find anything. I do have the red floppy disc with the first aid cross and an ambulance on it, but no CD!

Not sure where to start searching, but will!

Reply 9 of 9, by BomfunkAnDs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256003382593?hash= … ABk9SR-7RxMDiYQ

is that any of them?

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]