First post, by Marco
Is it possible to use more modern SCSI drives with above Adaptec ISA SCSI 2 50pin bus card (via active 80/68 to 50pin adapter)?
Why do I want that:
- newer drives are cheaper then real 50pin ones
- higher chance to get a non noisy drive
- newer drives are faster - with ISA bus at least seek time wise
I’m using a 386sx. I’m just tuning around and trying to get most out of it. SCSI in particular due to the cpu offloading.
PS: so far I found some diffuse hints that using the external scsi port could lead to most compatibility with new drives.
Thanks a lot
1) VLSI SCAMP 311 / 386SX@27,5 (non-W95: stable at 30MHz) / 8MB / CL-GD5428 / LAPC-I / Fast-SCSI AHA 1542CP (...which is disappointing)
2) SIS486 / 486DX/2 66 / 32MB / TGUI9440 / SCC-1&MT32 / CT2830